New project I picked up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neonmike

VIP
Well since i sold the neon my garage was lonely and need something to be parked in there. I wasn't even really lookin for anything and this happened to fall in my lap. Its a 66 mustang coupe that had only 3 owners including myself. Story behind the car is the person i bought it from got it from the original owner who was a little old lady. she had it stored in her barn and some one broke in and stole all the chrome off of it so she wanted out of it. The guy i bought it from had it for a year and didn't really do anything with it and wanted out of it cause he was buyin a house. I ended up picking it up for 2900 bucks. not too bad considering the only rust on it is in the rear floor boards and they are 18 bucks for each panel. the kid i got it from bought new bumpers which are still wrapped up new interior and exterior door handles, new locks, new taillights, and a new gas tank. It needs some love and i don't plan on doing it all at once but it is going to get a complete interior this spring. Now on to the pics

SAM_0097.jpg

SAM_0096.jpg

SAM_0095.jpg

SAM_0100.jpg

SAM_0094.jpg

SAM_0100.jpg

SAM_0101.jpg

SAM_0098.jpg

SAM_0099.jpg

the only rust on the car
SAM_0102.jpg

SAM_0103.jpg

nice... my ex has a 68 Fastback, her brother has a 66 conv, and they're other sister has a 66 Fastback

Yeah it runs and drives great. This year i am just gonna redo the whole interior and drive it. Next year maybe it will get the v8 that is on the side of my garage :)

Yeah i wish it was a fastback but tryin to find one around here is like tryin to find a needle in a haystack

the convertible was his dads first car.. it was also his first car.. big Ford family, rides Harleys.. yes, even my ex does now.. lol

I'm afraid that's what my Lincoln is going to look like on the inside if I tear up the carpet... So aside from welding the gas pedal back in place, I'm leaving it be for now lol

surprisingly that and the same spot on the passenger side are the only rot on this thing. i know the trunk floors have been replaced already but the rockers, quarters and door frames are solid. which for being a new england car its whole life is extremely surprising.

lol big block no, toploader is already in my garage :)

Nice! Its the other way around for me. Have a pretty stout big block on a stand, just waitin for a deal on a top loader lol.

lol nice I have been holdin on to a 289 hi po for the last ten years. guess its time to start freshining it up

Damn, dont see those too often. Pretty bad ass little motors.

yeah i have been holdin on to it for the right project, was originally gonna build a street rod with all the left overs from the one my father and i built. but i was havin a hell of a time finding a decent body then this stang came along and i had to have it lol.
This is the one my dad and i just finished. it is all painted now same color as the grill shell
2fc114a1.jpg

Nice! Is that just straight white, or is it pearl?

Ive been diggin the 30's era Fords lately. Ive seen a few that are like a rat rod, cruiser cross. They looked pretty good.

It's actually a cream color. I forgot what the name of it was but it looks badass, this spring i will get some good shots of both cars

my first car was a 68 falcon with a 289 in it, great motor. that thing ran forever and i beat the crap out of it. i was always drifting that sucker on dirt roads like i was in dukes of hazzard lol.

Back