New questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi, I just got a 2006 Civic EX.

question #1: anyplace to get service manuals (pdf's would be great).

question #2: I got what I thought was a good price on some JDM fog lights, but the kit came without instructions. Would anyone have some, or know where I can get some? I'm amazed that they'd be shipped that way, but before I send them back, I'd thought I'd ask first...

thanks!

matter?

They're cheep ass, but were sold as JDM's.

Does JDM have a web site some where (I searched last night for a while and couldn't find anything).

<<< have installed ebay after markets on my girls car. let me say pain in the ass!!!! the ajustment housing needs to be seperated from the rest of the fog light and "trimmed" to fit but test fit yours just incase our kits are different.your wire colors might be different but your harness should be set up very similar. the wire harness is spot on no trouble with that, but the switch is a hair to big for the factory install hole and needed some sanding and paint becuase the button would get stuck on if you pressed it. the other thing, the switch has 2 bulbs in it, one for the fog light picture and one for the indicator light directly under it. You have to disconnect ( break the circuit) to the first light because it will stay on even when the car is off.

Last edited:
I can get into more detail if you need. It took me about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
it does involve removing the front bumper, drivers side wheel, drivers side fender lining, 2 panels under the dash board, and the one panel thats the switch plugs into. common hand tools and some patience should do it.

Ok, taking the original honda instructions for their OEM light, I 'tried' to follow everything. The lights and their brackets look exactly the same. Had no trouble with the front harness(es) or trimming out or installing anything in front of the fire wall.

It's getting the harness to fit properly undernieth the dash. What a pain. Missing wires, harness not the same. Needless to say, I've been working (and trying to be careful) on it for hours. Gave up & closed everything back up, I'll have to call to make sure I have the right harness for the inside. I'm too tired on a work night to give more details than that, I'll just have to call the place where I bought them...

good news is that I went back up to 'finish' tonight & realized that I was looking for a connection at the wrong harness; found it, fixed it. The lights are working (I'm actually pretty happy). Best yet (and I'm assuming it might be because its more of an aftermarket kit), the lights only work when the the running lights are on as a minium. They'll run even when the high beams are on (a little odd), but that's ok with me. There'll be enough snow storms when I'll want to turn the low beams off and just use the fogs on secondary roads.

I'm happy now (I'll just have to aim them later)

Will a K20A3 engine from 03 Honda si fit on an 02 civic Ex coupe? If so, which part of the si engine will go and which one's will not go. Any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Back