new rims/tires are rubbing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pizzadeliveryboy

i got new rims and tires on my 89 hb, and the tires rub on my fenders when i turn hard. i see pics of people with much bigger rims than mine and they are fine, the wheel well comes over their tire, whereas mine rubs. what should i do?

Is it lowered? how big are they wheels and tires? 18's, 19's? If they are youre gay and need smaller wheels/tires...

17s are about as big as you can go on an EF, and even then they will rub like hell. If you have an EF 15s or 16s work well, with minimal rubbing if any at all. My car has just a little bit of rubbing, but that is because it is too low right now. When my roommates car gets off the jackstands I will even my car out.

dude they are 14's

the tires stick out a bit

the wheels/tires came off my buddy's 88 isuzu impulse b4 he sold it

potenza tires for free... yeah i had to take em

So the offset is off... whcih means its not stock... whcih means you need different wheels.

im thinking of getting fender flares and cutting out the stock fenders, molding in the flares

i want to get a body kit neway,so they will look good i think with the mugen back bumper, r33 front and mugen sides, all but the fenders available on bodykits.com

ne way yeah thats my idea.

ok so based on this, i think i need to find new wheels with a zero offset, and mine have a positive. now, i have not noticed a problem with my handling, so is it ok if i just get fender flares and i cut out my current fenders, or are there things i cant notice that are taking place that may cause a problem?

Honda wheels are typically +40 to +45mm offset for a 15x6. If you're rubbing your fenders now, you'll want more positive offset than you have now- that will pull your wheels in toward the inside of the car more. Give TireRack.com a call or take your car to a wheel/tire shop so they can spec out a proper size wheel for your setup.

Back