New Router suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Currently I have a Linksys RTP300 VOIP Router. Sometimes the connection lags and when playing games it "studders", or lag spikes occur like every minute(with the computer connected directly to the modem, the problem is fixed). From what I've heard, this is very common for the Linksys routers with HL/HL2. My cousin has a 2 different model Linksys(the regular blue ones; one wired and one wireless) and has these problems also.

I saw a D-Link VOIP router that I can get for free after rebate on TigerDirect.com, but I dont want to wait for the rebate(price is $90). So, I'm wondering is it possible to just use two routers? Maybe something like this: Modem->Router1(goes to my computer and xbox)->VOIPRouter(to the other two computers in the house)? If so, what routers do you guys suggest I use that is good for gaming yet cheaper than $50?

Thanks, Kevin N E

Please delete thread****

Double posted from connection lagging out......

Well when I moved to my step moms house. We have one router upstairs. Then ran our lines downstairs into a "workgroup" router. You just plug one of the lines from the orignial router into the workgroup and it powers them all up. Took us a while to figure it out though becuase the cable was being gay and would some reason not read the connection before we got it all fixed.

Back