new rubber for my 92 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

looking to get some new rubber for my 92 si, what's a good tire??? just looking for an everyday driven tire with good traction and cornering. car sits on 15X6.5 konig gt-r's with some 195/ 50R15 tires, car is mostly stock except for a 1 1/2 inch drop, i've been looking at some tires right now and i'm thinking about: bridgestone potenza g009, kumho ecsta SPT, yokohama avid 4 or s-drive...was also looking at some Toyo or falken tires, lots of people tell me different things so wondering what you guys think...

Last edited:
theres shit tons of good tires out there
what do you want
summer only?
drag - track only?
drag - street?
autocross?
road course?
high mileage?
all season?
winter only?
what kind of driving?
what kind of road conditions?
lot of rain?
some light snow?
is road noise a concern?

there are far too many variables out there for us to simply recommend one tire for any and all types of driving

for a 15x6.5 wheel on a civic, you can get away with running a 205/50-15
you will probably have a little big of rubbing on the inside of the fender well depending on the offset of the wheel, but it shouldn't rub anywhere else with only a 1.5" drop (and it will only rub at full steering lock)

I have been using Falken Azenis for the last 4yrs on my civic (rt-215's and rt-615's) and have loved them. I used them for daily driving as well at Auto-x and they were great. I always put them away for the winter and threw a set of snow tires on because Azenis are no good in the snow or when it is below freezing. I think it will be hard to find something that performs better for less money... or even something that performs better for more money. When I say "perform" I mean corner well, grip well, long tread life (don't do burnouts), predictable handling and low road noise
I also have never been worried about them when driving in wet conditions. And I have driven through some monsoons with them here in MN (I was more worried about hydro locking the engine) If you are using any Ultra high performance tire you should be carefull when driving in cold or wet conditions (you should always be carefull in poor conditions regardless of tire selection though)

I have also heard good things about the hankook ventus R212's, but I have never used them and I don't see a lot of them at the track either

good luck

daily driven tire with good traction and cornering.... the spt is probably the best bang for the buck.

don't get cought in the snow with them though

I also run azenis 615's on my civic in 205/50/15, best tire for the money if you ask me. Just be careful in the rain as previously stated and do not drive with them in the snow!

bridgestone potenzas re750 i have had 2 sets now and they are the best street tire i have used.

Back