New Saturn Sky Redline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

American made cars suck balls

Huge.......balls

Give me a Raybrig NSX over a Goodyear Z06 anyfuckinday

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
looks good on paper but it is a saturn

did you ever talk to a saturn owner
all i have known lve theri cars
everyone else hates 'em

it''s good it has 260 hp and such, it'll be plenty fun
lame that it "redlines" at 6200 totally lame, it's worth saving for a s2000 just for the redline

yeah I have, I've also driven a few and I don't like them. pretty much everyone I know that drives a saturn also likes pt cruisers.

Quoted post[/post]]

Corvette 100% straightline car? HA! you ever seen 24 hours of le mans? The corvettes do really well, they are a simple machine, can be tuned really easily and race prepped easily. What's not to like about the corvette? And they drive really nice. And- they are inexpensive in comparison to their competition.

although I do agree with you that the corvette is not just a straightline car, the c5r/c6r is not just a stripped down fast corvette, the suspension setup is completely diffrent so that is like saying a tarus can be fast because they race them in nascar. The corvette is a great handling car and kicks ass on a road course, but it still has leaf springs when the c6r converts them to a more modern setup (not sure if its wishbone or mcpherson strut)

The only corvette I've driven in the past 5 years was a 2002 Z06. It drove like a fucking tank, and was quite possibly the most uncomfortable sports car I've ever been in.

Vette's are not just straight line cars any more, but, they still drive like an American muscle car and have absolutely no refinement whatsoever. They still feel sloppy and heavy like they always have.

The days of displacement and pushrods are over. They day I buy an American power car like the Vette, is the day they make one that has the same performance on 4 cylinders, and gets 30 Miles to the gallon. Other than that, I'm just not interested. The power can be had on less, for less.

But yeah, the Sky looks alright I guess.

Quoted post[/post]]

right... A race prepped cobalt ss tore the ever loving crap out of the rest of the competition in this show I was watching on the speed channel. Can't remember the name of the show, but I think that they were at sears point, or some track out here on the west coast. Lots of fast cars were there, signal skyline was the most notable, and the cobalt tore it up. So I wouldn't speak too soon saying that they can't be made into good race cars. I'll agree that their past has been pretty bad in the sport compact world. I still wouldn't buy anything less than a cadillac cts-v or c6 as a daily driver if I had to buy gm. But they can make some really good race cars.

i saw that show. but the only reason the cobalts are as fast as they are is because they have a TON of factory backing. if i remember that show correctly, they had custom built block, pistons, rods, crank...all built and designed by engineers as GM.

why do you think the "echo unlimited" cobalt is tearing up the fwd unlimited class? its because GM has dropped hundred of thousands of dollars into designing and building "one off" parts for that car. they do it so stupid ass kids will think they are fast and will go buy a cobalt cuz they saw one on tv. just the same as the fast and the furious did for imports. kids saw "fast" cars with gay shit on them, they couldnt afford the go fast parts for the engines, so they got the cheap ass APC shit that made them look like the cars in the movie.

i garantee that if honda would support a racing team other then f1, they would probably own every single event in the nhra, and the ndra. admit it, if honda can make a fucking robot that runs, talks, walks stairs, and damn near thinks on its own, they can do anything that they really want to. if only honda would use a damn turbo!

as for the sky, its cute and will be fast.

Back