new ,searched, still have questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

parke10

n00b Member
i just got a 87 prelude si and i was wondering if i should keep that engine or swap id rather have a vtec engine

i was thinking the d16y8,b16,b18,ZC

id love to do a h22a or k20a2 but i dont know if its possible to do any of them /worth the money

any help would be awesome thanks...

also if it there and i just didnt see it feel free to flame me...

That's not a common swap, so you'd need to do a lot of research. Your wiring would suck bad. Your car is OBD0, which pretty much means you'd have to get a full harness(all the way to the ECU), and go absolutely ballistic with wiring.

wiring wouldnt be a problem for me long as i know what goes where i can do it

Quoted post[/post]]
That's not a common swap, so you'd need to do a lot of research. Your wiring would suck bad. Your car is OBD0, which pretty much means you'd have to get a full harness(all the way to the ECU), and go absolutely ballistic with wiring.

id say something in the b-series would be your best bets...you will definitely need new mounts...and if you get an obd0 b16 your wiring time will be reduced, but new mounts will be the hard part. We have a member with an older accord that has an LS in his car. He fabbed all the mounts himself, so i really dont have a lot of info for you on that.

Quoted post[/post]]
id say something in the b-series would be your best bets...you will definitely need new mounts...and if you get an obd0 b16 your wiring time will be reduced, but new mounts will be the hard part. We have a member with an older accord that has an LS in his car. He fabbed all the mounts himself, so i really dont have a lot of info for you on that.

do you happen to know the year ranges for OBD0,1 and 2

and whats the difference in wiring.... because i found a great deal on a b16a OBD1 complete swap

obd0 = 88-91
obd1 = 92-95
obd2 = 96+

The differnce is just about everything and an OBD1 harness wont plug into an OBD0 ECU.

Wiring is not gonna be your problem. Getting the engine in the car will be the problem. Wiring is easy with patience and a diagram.

Quoted post[/post]]
obd0 = 88-91
obd1 = 92-95
obd2 = 96+

The differnce is just about everything and an OBD1 harness wont plug into an OBD0 ECU.

Wiring is not gonna be your problem. Getting the engine in the car will be the problem. Wiring is easy with patience and a diagram.

is the engine any different like size or mounts with the different series of OBD ? or are they all the same size just different wiring

Bolting and welding seems easy to me, so I guess difficulty is in your point of view. I'm also good at wiring, but it requires more patience.

Quoted post[/post]]
Bolting and welding seems easy to me, so I guess difficulty is in your point of view. I'm also good at wiring, but it requires more patience.
my dads pretty damn good at weldin and makin shit and i have no problem wiring things long as i have a diagram fer sumthin like that

the mounts are similar for the accord, but if you get a prelude engine with the mounts, then you can mix match and shave the mounts to make everything work (because honestly i dont remember the right combination of mounts)

Back