New Shift Knob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Projekt Koncept

I recently bought an EF and it had some cheap ass shorty shifter installed. Anyways Long story short, I snapped the sexy JDM shift knob off, with the remains of the short shifter still in the threads... and it ain't coming out. So I contemplated about buing a new shifter and knob...BUT then I saw this and fell in love.

http://hometown.aol.com/robmattic/images/dsc01739.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/robmattic/images/dsc01738.jpg

It looks similar to the Mugen shift knob, but I like it better cause its just plain black and very smooth. Only thing is, I have no idea what brand/make the knob is. I emailed the owner but haven't got anything back. Anyone know what it is and where I can find one? ALSO, how do I mount the new knob, assuming I get one, without threads? Bolt it? Glue it? What?

lol

lets see here

you can try and rethread what remains of your short shifter but from the sounds of things i would advise you ditch that pile of shit short shifter and get a new quality one or get a stock shifter...

no idea what kind of knob that is

some shifters have three set screws instead of internal threads, that would work for you...

Personaly I could care less about teh almight short shiter... My income can't justify a skunk2 shifter... I'm only 17 <_< Anyways, thankyou for the reply :)

you can pick one up ata a local Kragens shop, where they keep all the cheep import crap. i belive its an APC short shifter, and its not black, it's a very dark green, you could buy it for a couple of buck and paint it black if you wish, good luck

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jan 19 2005, 12:19 PM
you can pick one up ata a local Kragens shop, where they keep all the cheep import crap. i belive its an APC short shifter, and its not black, it's a very dark green, you could buy it for a couple of buck and paint it black if you wish, good luck
[post=448036]Quoted post[/post]​

92dxhatch...While you're at Kragen's, you should pick up some JDM Kool-Ade. It's really awesome...they come in Orange and Green flavor, and come in a package something like this:
koolade.jpg

Drink up!

Originally posted by civicious+Jan 19 2005, 02:31 PM-->
92dxhatch
@Jan 19 2005, 12:19 PM

92dxhatch...While you're at Kragen's, you should pick up some JDM Kool-Ade. It's really awesome...they come in Orange and Green flavor, and come in a package something like this:
koolade.jpg

Drink up!
[post=448152]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jan 19 2005, 01:19 PM

:worthy: You found teh knob! :worthy: Now whats this about APC... :unsure:

Behold! Teh Shifter! :worthy:

Shifter.jpg

The photo really brought out the green in it. I spose I could paint it, though you can't really tell in person. Anyways it beats holding the shifter itself. B)

:lmao:

My buddy snapped 3 cheap short shifters in his ef before he went out and bought the DC. Hasn't snapped in the last 3 months, and the others were going every couple weeks. THey had a warranty, so he could have cared less but it got old having to get a new knob every time.

I'd personally invest in a skunk2 combo.

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 19 2005, 05:20 PM
You know way too much about APC, dude....
[post=448336]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, thats because when i first got into imports ( years ago) i didn't know better. think about it, almost evey young one that gets involved usually at one time or another looks at it and wants one not knowing better. i wasn't schooled in hondas, like some people are, i didn't have the luxury of someone telling me that apc stuff is crap. i learned the hard way. i had to teach myself about hondas, (and i'm still learning). so i apologize if i know too much, but hey, the guy ask what kind of shift knob, at least i knew what it was, i think its good to know about the crap stuff too, now i can school others and tell them that APC is crap.

Back