new shocks on 91 civic, stumped

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Superwho05

Im use to dealing with OBD1 model civics and integras, so Ive found myself stumped on a few things when building my new 91 civic hatch. I purchaced aftermarket shocks (and lowering springs) and Im noticing that the struts I pulled off and the new ones Im going to install on the front..... dont look the same. its longer and has some wierd bracket on it, not to mention some cone thing lol. pleeeeaase help if you have any idea, link to a pic provided. Image of shocks - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Judging by the looks of the new one, that may be for the rear. Keep in mind it will look longer until the new spring is compressed back onto the strut/shock.

88-00 civic chassis' have the same suspension setup.

Im use to dealing with OBD1 model civics and integras, so Ive found myself stumped on a few things when building my new 91 civic hatch. I purchaced aftermarket shocks (and lowering springs) and Im noticing that the struts I pulled off and the new ones Im going to install on the front..... dont look the same. its longer and has some wierd bracket on it, not to mention some cone thing lol. pleeeeaase help if you have any idea, link to a pic provided. Image of shocks - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What the hell does OBD have to do with shocks??? Like LS_VTEC said, all 88-00 Civics use similar shock/spring setups. That strut you have in the picture is for an 01+ Civic or a different car altogether...

we use those on our circle track racecars..they look like they are for a gm..
send them back and have them correct the problem..
and yes 88-00 civics have similar suspension..as well as 90-93 integra's

we use those on our circle track racecars..they look like they are for a gm..
send them back and have them correct the problem..
and yes 88-00 civics have similar suspension..as well as 90-93 integra's

94-01 Integra also...suspensions between the DC chassis and EG/EK chassis are bolt-on interchangeable for the most part...exception being the Type R...

88-00 civic chassis has the same double wishbone suspension. Bottom line, you got beat...

Back