1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New shoes for the tC

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by BigJ, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I need new tires apparently after the dog shit RE92 are finally getting worn out.

I need to run all seasons, and I know I don't get the same traction as I would from a dry in dry, and wet in wet, etc, but I'm looking for a Ultra High Performance All Season. So far, the pole positions are winning it out or the Good year F1 All Seasons, but I'm uneasy on which to get.

I really don't race around anymore, and I drive spirited maybe 1-2 days a month if that. I probably haven't floored it in 3-4 weeks.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i had really good luck with the Dunlop SP5000... not sure what size you are running, but if you can get them i highly recommend them for an all season tire

3. BigJ

I'm running 215/45/17

4. BigJ

Did a few reviews on those, and I guess supposedly after they get broken in, they're not great in rain on the freeway. I live near the coast, so we get a lot of rain, and I do a lot of commuting so this is sort of a must.

Right now, my alternative to buying new tires, is buying a wheel/tire package off craigslist for about the same price as new tires. So far I've found some nice 18's with similar yokohomas or kumhos to what I'd have to pay at the tire shop, or buying them from tirerack and getting them mounted and balanced.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted