New Sir Head With Full Type R Compontents

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

I Will be installing a Civic SiR Head with full type R valvetrain components and dual valve springs with the ability to redline @ 10500 RPM. It has a 3-way valve job, opened and sand blasted intake ports, fully polished combustion chambers, and combustion chambers are made to be exact. I am adding this to my USDM Civic Si motor, which currently redlines at 8000 RPMs. Will I be able to take the pistons up to 9000 RPM with the new head installed?

dyno the car first.

my ctr cams stop making power at 8250... which = WORTHLESS TO REV ANY HIGHER.

if you have "full type R components" then i assume you are using the chromoly ITR retainers and the inner and outer valve springs?? i personally wouldn't take that setup over 8500.

yah man, you ITRs dont rev to 10gs stock. Go for titanium if you would like that, and look at some racing cams. No doubt the ITR can handle 8s though, and that is real high

If your going to try to rev real high I would definitly replace the rod bolts with one's from ARP but 10500 is pushing it. I like to see ya go for it though.

like pills said... dyno it and see where you cams stop making power. but your b16 bottom end should be fine to about 9000-9250. not much more than that.

Back