New site...Forums

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLOW HB

me and a friend of mine just threw together a site, www.modfreaks.net Just wanted you guys to come and check it out, register if you want, post if you want and so on, we just got it up and going so all input will be taken with open arms. Thanks guys....Don't flame it too hard. :D

not a flame, just letting you know that hosting your page on geocities blows.. pay the 10 bucks a month to get it hosted for real and the 15 a year for your domain name.

we are werking on that, you know a good site that's it's cheap to get hosting and such. Thank for the input..every little bit is welcomed.

hooooly shit thats cheap. I have been using discount domain registry... 14.99 a year... lots of nice features though. I have been using www.successfulhosting.com.
Good thing about them is we dont seem to have a lot of downtime, and you can get hosting for like 8 bucks a month. Lots of neato features too.

Originally posted by halcyon985@Jul 11 2003, 12:58 AM
hooooly shit thats cheap. I have been using discount domain registry... 14.99 a year... lots of nice features though. I have been using www.successfulhosting.com.

ECDS was on there back in the day.

their control panel blows ass. i hated it.

CPanel ROCKS.
Dedicated servers from rack shack rocks :)

as for your domain registry- who cares. 10-domains is cheap- and with mydns.com, you can forward it anywhere for free via header or http or dns servers.

I hear you on that one... my comcast ip hasn't changed in forever... I'm thinking about doing that soon...

The only thing that stopped me before was my firewall is of the dachstein persuasion so I had no way of dynamically updating...

i cant seem to get past your intro..and um are u guys into seeing your names?? whats that about?

anyway, the intro gets to 30000, then it just is there. there are no buttons on the page except the two tiny links at the bottom. how do i get in? i am using Internet Explorer 6.0 w/56k modem

ahhh. i could not read that little "enter site" with my 1024x768 screen res. i assumed it was a link to a sponsor. anyways...i like the name, and the boards look like an interesting mix. good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jul 11 2003, 03:25 AM
ahhh. i could not read that little "enter site" with my 1024x768 screen res. i assumed it was a link to a sponsor. anyways...i like the name, and the boards look like an interesting mix. good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks alot man... It's just a begining but I guess we will see how things take off...that's if they do.

Originally posted by SLOW HB@Jul 10 2003, 11:38 PM
we are werking on that, you know a good site that's it's cheap to get hosting and such. Thank for the input..every little bit is welcomed.

A lot of hosting companies provide a free domain name with hosting...

BUT, when it comes to HOSTING, cheap isn't always the easiest answer... especially if planning on running public forums. Can't acquire new members, or keep members, if the board crashes a lot...

Try HostRocket.com for reliable hosting.

the only thing i dont like about your forums is the descriptions...they are too damn long. remember K.I.S.S.- Keep It Simple Stupid is the key :)

He doesn't have to, you dont own the words "import tech". You own the site, not the words which are of the english language.

Import tech, import tech, import tech... wanna try and sue me now? :D

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 11 2003, 08:30 PM
He doesn't have to, you dont own the words "import tech". You own the site, not the words which are of the english language.

Import tech, import tech, import tech... wanna try and sue me now? :D

I own the business = Import Tech

Back