New Speeding Record for R6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but, remember gone in 60 seconds....110 out runs a police helicopter :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
155 is a speeding record....i did 140 on my YZF-600....(not an R6, but its close enough)...i dunno once you pass 120 on a bike it all feels the same.

you realize it's just not that fast when you're on a 600, and you look next to you, see a spankin new (at the time) slk 400. the driver politely nods, waves, and pulls the fuck away from you like you're standing still even when you're already going 130.

wtf is an slk 400....if you didnt catch it in other threads i WORK FOR AN EXOTIC dealer...actually a few of them.

an slk 350 or 320 or 230....maybe enen a 55...but even the slk55 is limited to a 155 mph top speed...like most other european cars...

youre new, so ill let you slide this time.

Quoted post[/post]]
no joke...600ccs (that is what the R6 is, right?) guess theyve never seen the guys with the turbo GSXRs around....i hate when i get paird with those guys at the strip...its just depressing.

Which brings about the question, what the FUCK are you doing taking a bike to a drag strip?

Bikes belong on drag strips as much as stock 1984 CRX's do.

im talking about in my lude...and there are a lot of bikes at open events at Red Line. i never took my bike to the strip...its been gone since i graduated high school (mom took me off her insurance and it was WAY more than i could afford)

MikeBergy FTW. It is definitely easier to run on a bike than on a car. Ive only NOT been chased by a cop once in a car (three of us doing 140...dude just waved). And then a few times on the bike doing over 120....they just dont even bother anymore.

cock.jpg

that is all...

Bikes belong on drag strips as much as stock 1984 CRX's do.
[/quote]

THATS KIND OF LIKE SAYING A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR HAS NO PLACE AT A STRIP....
Furthermore, the us army, winston, nhra, and many other major drag supporters seem to think they belong.

Quoted post[/post]]
wtf is an slk 400....if you didnt catch it in other threads i WORK FOR AN EXOTIC dealer...actually a few of them.

an slk 350 or 320 or 230....maybe enen a 55...but even the slk55 is limited to a 155 mph top speed...like most other european cars...

youre new, so ill let you slide this time.

one, i'm not new. and it was a mercedes benz SLK. i forget exactly the numbers after it. good for you, you work for exotics. it wasn't a 55, they weren't out yet. this was in like 1998. my point was, at 130, he walked away from us. he maybe didn't go much faster, but he took off. i don't know how fast he went. shit, it's not like you can't have someone from AMG fuck with the ECU, right?

You think I'm lying? Ok. But, I noticed the speedometer (considering I was the passenger) and I saw what his car did. That's all I'm saying.

By the way, just so you know, I'm StarBellieAngel... just as my 'new' name. I'm not paying anyone to change it for me. :laugh:

damn, a slk pulled on you that hard???

600 usually run the 1/4 in what 13s to 12s? the new ones probably are faster.

and realize the slk back then had a honda like motor that was a blown 2.3L 4 banger making 190ish. the 350hp amg monster wasnt released until 02'. so if it pulled on you that hard at 130mph, it mustve been seriously reworked. or perhaps it was an SL verison, but even then the AMGs were pretty rare. About 300 were made before 03'

not doubting anything, but just hard to believe a merc couldve pulled on you that bad on a 600cc sports bike.

600cc bikes run high 10s stock. they also keep up with the new liter bikes from 0-100ish. after 100mph the 600cc bikes run out of pull, they'll still get up to 160-165ish but at a much much much slower rate then a bigger cc bike.

Having a car with some power pull on a 600cc motorcycle after 120mph isnt that hard to do. In fact my friend pulled on my 600cc bike from 100mph. He was driving a 392WHP 350Z. I stayed close to him but I couldnt catch up and pass him.

Add a 2nd passanger and a 600cc bike takes a big hit in the power to weight department. even from 0-100mpg. Its night and day. 2 people on a 600cc bike at 120MPH shouldnt have much pull at all. my lightly modded 350Z should hang with if not pull on it.

With that being said, 600cc bikes are not highway runners. They are ment for track use or back roads.

190hp vs 350hp is a big difference for any machine. so that SLK had to be at least mildy modded or it was in fact a SL.

but good info jeffie. didnt realize the 600cc will fluff out over 100mph. but the new 600s are that fast? i thought that was more 750cc territory (sp).. havent been reading much on bikes lately. still want a 750gxr badly though. =)

here's a little something for all those people that say to just run...
hell i've been there before when i was young and stupid too, and i never got caught, but it just goes to show you, its getting harder to run these days...

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/feb/28...ng_160_mph_i75/

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A motorcyclist was arrested late Monday after authorities said he reached speeds estimated at 160 mph on Interstate 75 in Collier County.

A Florida Highway Patrol aircraft conducting speed operations on Alligator Alley at about 6 p.m. Monday clocked the motorcycle going 141 mph about 10 miles east of the Collier Boulevard interchange. A patrol unit on the ground was notified and tried to stop the motorcyclist, authorities said.

The motorcycle slowed to about 25 mph, but wouldn’t stop, the highway patrol said.

Another trooper conducting an unrelated traffic stop then stepped into traffic and directed the motorcyclist to pull over using hand gestures, authorities said. The motorcycle switched lanes, then accelerated away from the trooper, the highway patrol said.

Officials in the aircraft kept watch on the motorcycle while troopers on the ground were directed to stay about two miles behind. The motorcycle continued west and north on Interstate 75 at speeds exceeding 100 mph, authorities said.

After leaving the construction zone at the unopened Golden Gate Parkway interchange, the motorcyclist reached speed estimated at 160 mph as he passed traffic down the highway’s center and the emergency lane, the highway patrol said.

The motorcycle then exited at the Pine Ridge Road interchange and stopped for a red light. Troopers on the ground entered the exit ramp out of the sight of the motorcyclist, authorities said.

The light turned green and the motorcyclist turned westbound onto Pine Ridge Road. The motorcyclist then turned into the RaceTrac store at 3725 Pine Ridge Road, where troopers on the ground were directed to make the arrest.

The motorcyclist, Miguel Enrique Rodriguez, 21, of Weston, was arrested without incident and charged with unlawful speeding, aggravated fleeing and eluding law enforcement, failure to obey lawful orders, no valid motorcycle license and reckless driving.

The motorcycle was impounded pending forfeiture proceedings.

Quoted post[/post]]
190hp vs 350hp is a big difference for any machine. so that SLK had to be at least mildy modded or it was in fact a SL.

but good info jeffie. didnt realize the 600cc will fluff out over 100mph. but the new 600s are that fast? i thought that was more 750cc territory (sp).. havent been reading much on bikes lately. still want a 750gxr badly though. =)

600cc bike will do 0-100 just as fast a 1000cc bike. after 100mph its a different story. the 1000cc bike will take off as if the 600cc bike is sitting still.

Keep in mind it's becuase a STOCK 1000cc bike cant put down the power. it either A pulls up or B burns the tire.
the 600CC bike will pull up in first and sometimes 2nd but you can still ride it out without flipping the bike over.

Its kinda like a 500WHP Civic on street tires VS a 250WHP civic on street tires. Sure one has double the WHP but when it comes down to it at the drag stip it should end up being all about the driver due to wheel spin.

Quoted post[/post]]
600cc bikes run high 10s stock. they also keep up with the new liter bikes from 0-100ish. after 100mph the 600cc bikes run out of pull, they'll still get up to 160-165ish but at a much much much slower rate then a bigger cc bike.

Having a car with some power pull on a 600cc motorcycle after 120mph isnt that hard to do. In fact my friend pulled on my 600cc bike from 100mph. He was driving a 392WHP 350Z. I stayed close to him but I couldnt catch up and pass him.

Add a 2nd passanger and a 600cc bike takes a big hit in the power to weight department. even from 0-100mpg. Its night and day. 2 people on a 600cc bike at 120MPH shouldnt have much pull at all. my lightly modded 350Z should hang with if not pull on it.

With that being said, 600cc bikes are not highway runners. They are ment for track use or back roads.

exactly my point. thank you jeffie. cruising at 120 = not much left for the bike to go. this is an old (around early 90's) FZR 600 yamaha. so, it's not like the new R6.

Dang, i'm sorry i confused everyone. lol but thanks for the clarification. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

exactly my point. thank you jeffie. cruising at 120 = not much left for the bike to go. this is an old (around early 90's) FZR 600 yamaha. so, it's not like the new R6.

Dang, i'm sorry i confused everyone. lol but thanks for the clarification. :)

New pics?

:wink:

Back