New STI and GTR pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

1012004152951.jpg

read the short article here

that has got to be the ugliest thing i've ever seen, i hope it had like 400 hp to back that ugliness up.

No, I would be ashamed to buy it, I don't care how much performance it has, that's just plain ugly. I would rather have a moped.

I hate the whole new front end. The headlights look like the bastard cousin of a new Celica, and the front grill/fascia is ripped almost directly from an Alfa. Subies have always had a distinctive look (although not always pretty), and to offer us something like that is horrible. Luckily, it's only a concept, and will most likely get a few more redesigns.

thats what happens when an american car maker gets involved, trying to be trendy fucks everything up

grill looks a lot like an alfa i was about to buy.
make the grill a little wider and it'll be extremely sweet.
the skyline gets two :thumbsup: from me. i never cared for their style, including the R34.

skyline should stay skylinish.. theyre know for the long body dont go g35 route.. i like the new sti looks nice.. tho kinda reminds me of the front on the new gto's a little

I saw this in my issue of Car and Driver. In their "Super Car Shootout" a 50k Vishnu tuned Evolution 8 placed 2nd in class (sedan) and beat many other notable cars such as a M3, AMG something, CTS-V, and others that costed from 60-100k. The 1/4 times, lap times, and braking came very close to the 600-800hp Vipers and Vettes that were in the "anything goes" class. Amazing.
Anyway, and I saw this article. I agree with the others who said it looks like an Alfa Romeo. I was watching the Paris Autoshow and all the French cars looked like the STi. blah. Personally, I liked the version that was befoer this one. 98-2002? The ones with the fatty lamps and the slim headlights. Also, the GTR?? The front is decent, but the other Skyline GTR R35 pictures ive seen, they got rid of the round tailights and it just doesnt follow the "hertiage." Somewhat long and slim and with the round tailights. I love that look. Its like taking a Corvette and making it fat and wide like a 300ZX (Z32).

it might just be me but everytime i leave the house i see an sti crashed and a little rich kid standing next to it.

little rich kid + sti = pretend race car driver

pretend race car driver + sti = telephone pole

My personal favorite was the 2000 2.5 RS 2 door they offered in the states. I still might get one, if I don't buy my NSX when I get my first real job out of college. I absolutely hate the styling of the wrxs and stis of the last 4 years. I'd take an evo over them any day, or a 2.5 rs and mod the hell out of it. Those things are rock solid built. They feel WAAYYY more solid than my integra ever did. And the cockpit is well designed.

I think nissan is makin a huge mistake with the skyline if that pic is what it looks like, it just doesn't have that awsome skyline look in my opinion and like endlesszeal said i loved the old tail lights.

DeeJay

It looks like a STI with Celica headlights and a Alpha Romeo Grill and a extra hood vent ... Peersonally ... I like the 2000 WRX style ...

Originally posted by Callidus@Oct 31 2004, 02:03 PM
i don't think the skyline should look like that. it's ugly. i like the way skylines look how they are.
[post=409886]Quoted post[/post]​

I also think that they should separate the skyline from the fairlady platform. It was always different in the past, I don't see why they should use the same platform now. If all that nissan did was slap GTR sticker on the back of a g35, I'd rather pay less and just get a 350z and mod it.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 29 2004, 12:58 PM
I hate the whole new front end. The headlights look like the bastard cousin of a new Celica,
[post=409138]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, maybe if it had some Celica headlights, it'd actually be able to kick some ass, huh?

Back