New struts. KYB/Eibach/Tokico/Koni/Bilstien/???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Looking for a nice set of struts. Need reviews. (Does anyone know of a review sight for car parts??)

For paintball, you go to pbreview.com and you can get reviews on anything paintball.

Something like that would be cool.

Would also like some imput from the board! Experience? Good/bad? Let me hear about it!

I like my tokico illumina's, 5 way's, i have them on 1 now for a smooth ride, but normally i put them on 5 for "hardcore" driving. :laugh:

I'm picking up some tokico HP's for the sol next week. I don't really need the adjustability since its only my DD that i track a few times a year. I found em rangeing from 290-350. There on ebay for 220 plus shipping ($20).

not that i know of.

and the reason the suspension forum is lacking... is because like 5 people here are actually into doing something besides drag racing or street racing.

all of the above aren't apc crap... but they could very well function like them if you don't mate it properly with a spring.
so without saying what spring you are using, the option is up in the air.

Quoted post[/post]]
not that i know of.

and the reason the suspension forum is lacking... is because like 5 people here are actually into doing something besides drag racing or street racing.

all of the above aren't apc crap... but they could very well function like them if you don't mate it properly with a spring.
so without saying what spring you are using, the option is up in the air.

Using Neuspeed Sport springs (the greens) for a 92-95 civic. I love those springs, had them on my crx and couldn't be happier with them.

i have the neuspeed's on the si.came installed when i got it.i like em.and theyve been through some hell in upstate ny but there workin out good.

Leaning hevily toward the KYB AGXs..

I've read reviews on ALOT of struts in the past few days and the KYB AGXs, and the tokico illuminas come out on top. It seems the KYB Gr-2s and the Tokico HPs like to spill their fluid all over the place. Of course, this doesn't go for every GR2 and HP that has ever been produced, but there were enough "crap" reviews to scare me away.

Didn't find anything on bilstein.. :cry: And neuspeed does reccomend the Koni/Neuspeed Yellows... They even have adjustable ride/spring perch hight. I thought that was pretty cool, because as it is, the back should sit a hair lower than the front, and that just isn't cool at all.

Oh, One fair review sight is Carreview.com They have alot of items reviewed, and usually have something like 30 reviews on most items.

Hey B.. Go copy to code to pbreview.com. Same exact format, then massage it into an automotive market/aftermarket review sight. You'll make a mint from it. Seriously, there is no big "main" review sight.

You'll have to pay me .18 cents for the idea though. You know, the middle man has to get his cut.

Quoted post[/post]]

I've read reviews on ALOT of struts in the past few days and the KYB AGXs, and the tokico illuminas come out on top.

Tokico sux.

For the price, the AGX's cant be beat. Thats why everybody has em including me.

Quoted post[/post]]

I've read reviews on ALOT of struts in the past few days and the KYB AGXs, and the tokico illuminas come out on top. It seems the KYB Gr-2s and the Tokico HPs like to spill their fluid all over the place. Of course, this doesn't go for every GR2 and HP that has ever been produced, but there were enough "crap" reviews to scare me away.

The GR-2 and HP reviews that you've read are probably that way because the reviewer put on springs that were WAY too aggressive for the shock. GR-2s and HPs are meant to be "slightly stiffer than stock" replacement struts, not super hyper performance pieces. Mismatch suspension components and I'm sure you'll have problems too. I've run through a few sets of GR-2s myself, and I've been very happy with them. They're not super stiff, but they ride well, last a long time, and are still damped a little more aggressively than stock shocks.

AGXs are very nice. If you want to spend $500, get Koni Yellows- but if you want something about $100-150 less that will work great with your Neuspeed springs, the AGXs are the way to go. KYB makes really high quality stuff, and the AGXs will last you for quite a few years. I had a set under some Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and I was extremely happy.

Back