New Summer, New Car 2000itr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Well im back... long story, maybe i'll tell you guys about it later but anyways I just picked up a new car... 2000 ITR with 37000mi. I'm as of yet undecided on what I want to do to the engine so im looking for suggestions as to what engine modifications to do to her. Right now she only has an AEM cai and Type 1 axle back (came with the car).

Ideal numbers would be 200hp 160tq at the wheels for allmotor and 250hp 175tq for forced induction of some sort.

Budget for engine is around $4000ish so be serious guys

Oh yeah, jun 8.5lb flywheel and act extreme clutch kit are going in tonight (burnt clutch)

The key word is streetable... 94 octane is plentiful around here so no worries there... so is 122 octane but I don't want to be paying $2.13 per liter for gas

I would do suspension first, next if you want to go fi, supercharger is probally the way to go with the high compression of the type R's. If you want to go NA, new head work would be ok.

Sorry guys, this was only a question about engine modifications... already on order are a set of KW variant 2 coilovers. Brian, i'm suprised you don't know type 1, they are a very well known japanese tuning company not some little known knockoff brand (http://www.aj-racing.com/). Anyways, I was doing some thinking last night and this is what I came up with... 11.1 comp pistons(str or soforth, perhaps some ctr pistons at 11.5:1) since stock is only 10:1 approx, arp studs since i'll need to replace the head bolts anyways, 1mm oversized valves, toda spec b cams, toda cam gears, toda valve springs and toda retainers, minor honing of the intake mani and intake ports on the head and port matching the exhaust ports to a dc header... as for exhaust I think I will go with a high flow cat mated to a type 1 b pipe.
Tuning will come from an s200 (hopefully I can trade my ecu)

Back