new tactics in the hunt for Bin Laden

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yup, everytime Bush makes an accomplishment it's just added to the list of things that most of the media doesn't report on

see, it's just like I said. The subject actually can't see the accomplishments...

Amazing...

I think the difference is we say "Oh that's bad, let's fix it and keep going"

and you guys say "WAR Criminal!, we suck, we can't win, everybody run away!"

This thread couldn't even make it through one page without 3rd grade bickering from BOTH sides. :argue: :tisk::locked:

I think the difference is we say "Oh that's bad, let's fix it and keep going"

and you guys say "WAR Criminal!, we suck, we can't win, everybody run away!"

That's the problem. You keep going. "Stay The Course" even when The Course isn't working. I'm not saying pull out and let all hell break loose, I'm not saying stay The Course. What I am saying is massive change is needed.

Many good things have come from this conflict. However there are a number of bad things that stick out like a sore thumb. The Abu Ghraib snafu, the soldier who raped the iraqi girl in front of her family, killed her, killed her family, then tried to dispose of all evidence. People have a tendency to look at the fuckups, and those are some pretty big fuckups. Once again... do everything right and nobody pays attention, yet screw up once and everyone knows your name.

The same people that say "Oh that's bad, let's fix it and keep going" are the same people that went completely batshit over Clinton's beej from the secretary. Conservatives screamed "No war for Monica!" and loved the idea of impeaching him over something every single male on this planet receives on a rather frequent basis, but when shit like Abu Ghraib happens, things that tarnish our reputation with the rest of the world (think the pics) and do severe damage to our attempts to calm down the hottest spot on the planet, you say "Ho hum, stay the course."?

How does that work exactly?

there is no stay the corse, we're continuallty altering our plan with troop surges, fresh ideas, new leadership

the only course we're staying is the commitment to victory, do you actually not wish to stay that course? They declared war on us, if we throw in the towel we aren't declaring peace, we're surrendering.

you're absolutely right. Hussein also threatened to attack us. The problem with our debates is that we can't seem to separate the "Iraq War" with the "Iraq Insurgency"

The war was over relatively quickly, the insurgency continues. During the war we weren't fighting terrorists, we were fighting Iraq. Now we're fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq. And Al Qaeda is who declared war on us. Iraq isn't the only place we've fought the terrorists, the Philippines is another excellent example.

In any care there is proof positive that our efforts are always evolving, new generals, new plans. The evidence is there. The only thing we're currently "Staying the coarse" on is that we must defeat Al Qaeda everywhere and at all costs. Even if we're now currently fighting them in a location where 3 years ago a 90 day war took place that wasn't as warranted as we first thought.

al qaeda wasn't in iraq before we got there...
that sends a strong message to me about this "war on terror"

al qaeda wasn't in iraq before we got there...
that sends a strong message to me about this "war on terror"

Umm your right and you're wrong. The group "Al Qaeda in Iraq" is a group of Islamic Extremists that were present during the reign of Saddam, they merged with Bin Laden and took his affiliation in 2003. So it's really six of one, a half dozen of the other as they were there in body just not in name. After they merged they have become influenced directly by Bin Laden (reference Bin Laden's anger and demand to stop public be-headings after that American civilian was killed because they were ruining Al Qaeda's "good name")

The same people that say "Oh that's bad, let's fix it and keep going" are the same people that went completely batshit over Clinton's beej from the secretary.

thank you, this proves my point that your anger over Monica-gate overshadows your will to do what's right for the future of our country. Monica's hoovering has no place in the debate over the War on Terror.

Every news/media agency has an agenda they are promoting. If you think there is a single media entity that only wants to inform and educate you, then you desperately need an education. People usually just find a news source that aligns with what they believe/want to hear.
For some people it's FOX news because they support the "war on terror"
For some people it's CNN/AP/Rosie O'Donut because they want to bring down the "evil Bush military regime"
And for others it's the the National Enquirer because apparently Aliens impregnated a catfish with Elvis' DNA and "Elfish" is now on a live tour performing in aquariums across the country.

bahahaa.. this doesnt surprise me coming from you.. haha.. you crack me up mang

thank you, this proves my point that your anger over Monica-gate overshadows your will to do what's right for the future of our country. Monica's hoovering has no place in the debate over the War on Terror.

I'm not mad over Monica. The only thing I was mad about was the fact that we wasted money on absolutely nothing. What Clinton did with her has no bearing over my will to do anything.

What I am aiming at with that is why would conservatives get all up in arms over a beej, then ho-hum fuckups on an astronomical scale... it makes no sense.

If they followed the same lines, Bush would have been booted ages ago.

I'm not mad over Monica. The only thing I was mad about was the fact that we wasted money on absolutely nothing. What Clinton did with her has no bearing over my will to do anything.

What I am aiming at with that is why would conservatives get all up in arms over a beej, then ho-hum fuckups on an astronomical scale... it makes no sense.

If they followed the same lines, Bush would have been booted ages ago.

First, nobody cared that Clinton got a BJ, that's spin that the left uses to try and make it a moral issue. The money was spent on investigating Purgery which is criminal and not moral in nature.

War is War, mistake will be made. In the civil war we got our ass handed two us for the first two years. In conflict you ride the Eb and flow until you figure out how to beat your enemy, and then you go for the throat.

Going back to the Clinton thing. The best there is on Bush is that Intel was exaggerated, while it's troubling he didn't lie under oath to a grand jury. Politicians spin, but Purgery is another thing. And if the Monica thing doesn't bother you then why reference it in your statement, your emotions betray you.

The fact is nothing you or I say changes the fact that we are right now fighting Al Qeada in Iraq and we should commit oursevles to defeating Al Qeada

First, nobody cared that Clinton got a BJ, that's spin that the left uses to try and make it a moral issue. The money was spent on investigating Purgery which is criminal and not moral in nature.

He did not commit purjery. That is a spin the right uses. The things he lied about were irrelevant to the case and therefore legally not perjury.

War is War, mistake will be made. In the civil war we got our ass handed two us for the first two years. In conflict you ride the Eb and flow until you figure out how to beat your enemy, and then you go for the throat.

And there must be accountability for all those mistakes. I don't mean "retiring" a few generals, I mean REAL DEAL ACCOUNTABILITY. Shake that motherfucker up! Let 'em learn what happens when you fuck around and tarnish your flag!

Going back to the Clinton thing. The best there is on Bush is that Intel was exaggerated, while it's troubling he didn't lie under oath to a grand jury. Politicians spin, but Purgery is another thing. And if the Monica thing doesn't bother you then why reference it in your statement, your emotions betray you.

Intel we *KNEW* was exaggerated (read: FALSE).

The reason for putting Monnie in the mix is I want to know why the dogs are set loose on someone who didn't screw up on an astronomical scale, yet held back or redirected (read: Scooter Libby, who was charged with perjury... but NOT the leak of the CIA agent... wonder who did that... coughCHENEYcough)

The fact is nothing you or I say changes the fact that we are right now fighting Al Qeada in Iraq and we should commit oursevles to defeating Al Qeada

Odd. Thought we were spreading democracy...

Back