1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new the forum and need advice

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 1991 HF, Nov 13, 2010.

1. 1991 HF

1991 HF New Member

im knew to to the import world i usually deal with old school muscle cars. ok here is the deal i bought a crx off a guy that was hard up for cash fell in love with it, so i decided to mod. thought the car was stock. I took it to a shop and they said i didnt need a swap it was already done with a b16A. i told them to turbo it they said okay. 6 months later the car isnt done i told them i wanted it back they said ok i drove it home i had no speedo reading no vtech and no radio the key wont star the car they install so junck push botton. s i started looking under the dash and dont know my but they ecu was switched with a p28 so i am stumped there. i popped the hood and all my wires are cut and spliced and they used the same color wires so i dont know what is what. so where do i start

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Start with calling a lawyer and the BBB, cuz you got hosed by that shop.

looks like they tried to to an obd1 conversion on the car and failed miserably.
    Frankly, there's nothing we can really do to help you as we have no idea what they cut or what they did.

3. 1991 HF

1991 HF New Member

do you know if i can get a new harness and start fresh

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

It all depends on what and where they cut really.

I'd try to find someone local who isn't a retard who has experience in this stuff. Where are you located? i bet we can get you to a good place.

5. 1991 HF

1991 HF New Member

in located in central texas area. and the tranny is smoked do know where to find those or a website to look for one

6. 1991 HF

1991 HF New Member

one more question why would they go to obd1

7. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

obd1 has much better tuning options so because you wanted the car boosted they attempted to convert the car.

8. Nykole0408

Nykole0408 New Member

I agree! Did you pay them any money? Cause i sure wouldn't have... Yep- I'd be throwin me a fit over that. :ranting2:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted