new throttle body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

ok, i have had a bitch of a time trying to get my tps set. and i am fed up with it. it is getting a 4.8v signal but i just cant get it to tune. so i am fed up and thinking of buying the edelbrock 65mm throttle body. it had a sensor already set.
well my question is, has anybody installed one, and will it be worth the $300. i have the cash but i dont what to lose power. i will probably gain, but i just want to hear from someone that has done one or knows someon who had one.
oh ya mod just intake and exhaust on a b16 sir II. more in near future.

so your going to spend $300 plus on a new TB because you can't set the voltage! your weird man. BTW- it should be .5 volts when closed

well.....kinda of using it as a reason to get it. and i figured it will help out in the breathing. .5 closed, but i and talking about the main singnal coming from the ecu. and cant get it set to .5 closed. this is the sencond tps.

ok when you check the singal going to to tps, the main signal should be 5v. and then you check the singnal coming form the tps. closed it should be .5v and full throttle it 4.5-5v.

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 23 2005, 04:13 PM
the center wire coming from the TPS should show .5 volts at close and 4.5-5 at WOT
[post=559483]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, if you are showing .5v closed and your shit is still running funny, a new throttle body isn't going to fix anything.
I'd start looking elsewhere.

no. it is supposed to be .5, mine is not. i was trying to explain to hybrid89 what i ment by 5v. from the ecu.
all i care about is whether or not i will get a gain with the new throttle body. i know i will, i was just wondering if anyone has put one on ther engine.

Back