New Tires And Alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnnylawless

Just got new tires,Falken GRB FK451 225/35ZR17 and went and got my alignment done because the last ones were wearing on the inner tread.
So then when the guy is finished aligning the front end. he takes it for a spin,
then tells me it has a "Left Tire Pull" and to swap the front tire to the back and it should take care of the prob. Anybody ever hear of "Tire Pull" as I swapped the tires and it still does it.
also It only pulls when I step on the gas. Could this be torque steer?

Your alignment is probably fucked up. Get it on an alignment rack at a different shop and have them try and fix it.

depending on how old the tranny is it could cause tourque pull, but it should be minor, i had my shop redo it over 10 times before i was satisfied, funny, now they give me discount for my constant nagging. but seriously tourque pull is caused but the gearing insde the tranny, not your tire. good luck

Ok,when I let go of steering wheel on deceleration it goes straight and when i accelerate normally it's ok, it's only when I step down hard that it pulls.
it's not bad at all just really happens when it spools up and VTEC kicks.

that really tell me that it is you tranny, cause mine used to do that, if on a slight chance i could be fixed by getting the front re-aligned, i know you just had it in, but would really have a second place take a looka t it, and depending on where your located, if you are near me i can recommend you to one of my guys that does my car, its a good shop. so hit me up

Customers complain about that all the time at our Honda Dealership. If your accelerating, put your damn hands on the wheel. Cars aren't meant to be driven without your hands on the wheel!!! Sorry for the rave. Anywayz, if its ok when you coast or decelerate, than your alignment is fine and so is your tranny. Its a normal thing i wouldn't worry about it!

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Feb 1 2005, 04:58 PM
that really tell me that it is you tranny, cause mine used to do that, if on a slight chance i could be fixed by getting the front re-aligned, i know you just had it in, but would really have a second place take a looka t it, and depending on where your located, if you are near me i can recommend you to one of my guys that does my car, its a good shop. so hit me up
[post=454740]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually I'm in So Cal but thanks I will try another shop for a "Second Opinion"

Back