New Tires Rubbin' (Options?)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea.. if its only when you have teh wheel turned and driving into a dip.. thats gonna happen when you're lowered.. if there is no rub when driving i wouldnt worry about it

Here's a decent picture of the tire close to the plastic screw

100_0766.jpg
100_0764.jpg

I can see the rolled fender being a solution but seems like camber wouldn't do that much to the clearance when the wheel is turned....it would be beneficial when going straight.....but can't see it helping much for wheel turns...at least when thinking what it'll do to the tire wear and weighing it all out.

it looks like your options are...

A. get your fenders rolled
B. remove fender liner
C. deal with it rubbing a little when you corner (what i would probably do)

Wonder if I can reverse mount that inner fender well to the top of the fender mounts and keep mounting points away from 12:00 on the fender....I'll try it this weekend....no jack until then...and I'm not using my scissor jack lol

I like moving the screw 4" to 6" either way. May be you will like it then. If you do the move, use a drill 1 size smaller than the screw hole now being used. If needed move up to the size hole you have now.
You could have a FAST rust hole in the new screw place. Put undercoating sealant into the hole before you run the screw in. Then on the threads of the screw BEFORE you run it into the new hole. You may also need to seal the old holes metal edges.

Raise the car a 1/2".at a front end shop.

Rich

Back