New to accords

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shadowedge2025

Hey everyone. I just bought myself a 1993 accord ex. Im so pleased with the car. Ive been reading through the forums and getting familiar with the FAQ's . I will post pics up as soon as I can. I just had a couple questions. The car has 260k miles on it. Its a 5spd and every gear seems to sound perfect. The engine doesnt make any knocking noises or anything. My questions are what can I expect from the motor. Its an F22a6 and I was a little suprised. From the little research I did I was expecting an f22a1. I didnt know there was a six lol. Anyone mind telling me the hp and tq? Also with this mileage is it safe to boost? or should I just look into swapping in an h22 which I have read should bolt right onto the 5spd tranny I already have. Im not looking for a 10 second 1/4 miles I just want nice quick car when I need it for a little fun ^_^.

Thanx for any info. Im going back to reading everything I can on here and cb7tuner.com

260k miles I wouldn't boost.

But if you know how to rebuild it you should do that. Just take it apart, clean and inspect everything and I mean EVERYTHING on a 260k engine. Valvetrain, powertrain, etc everything make sure it's all in good shape and within factory specs which are in the factory service manual if you have one and if you don't, you need to buy one.

You can make great power boosting on a F22. The low compression and iron sleeves lends itself well to forced induction. With that high of mileage though, I'd do a rebuild first. You might as well throw a block gaurd and ARP studs in there as well, since you'll be taking the motor apart anyway. A little added insurance never hurts anything.

thats a good idea on the rebuild, I didnt even think of that. To be honest ive never taken a motor apart so how much would a rebuild cost? I found the ARP studs and block guard you mentioned and they seem pretty cheap and worth it. Thanks again for the info.

F22a6 specs:

Displacement (cc):
Power (bhp@rpm):
140 @ 5,600 rpm
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
142 @ 5,400 rpm
Compression Ratio:
8.8:1
Bore (mm):
Stroke (mm):
Cam Design:
SOHC