New To Auto X

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We had a high speed lapping event today! Fck I need a camera cause I kicked ass in my class! There were some sick cars (in higher classes obviously)

3 open wheel cars including an Ariel atom, some mini F1 with a 4 cyl ford motor, and something else with a Volkswagen motor.

Because of my greenhorn status (4th event counting this one) they stuck me in the last running group with the slowest cars...

Chevy s10 with a 350 swap, beater 1990 Toyota truck and that open wheel Volkswagen I mentioned above.

So there was no passing except if you caught up to the guy ahead of you they would get a blue flag and have to pull off to the designated area on the main stretch while you blow by... I passed everyone in my 10 minute run (takes approx 30 seconds to lap)

Even though they weren't the toughest competitors I felt accomplished and it made my day, I'd honestly say I had more fun doing this than auto slolam. I do wish I was set in the same run group with my buddies, they consisted of; 00 type r with too many goodies, 97 teggy 4 door b20vtec, 91 si hatch all motor built z6, but hey there's always next time for greater possibilities.

Half way through the day I cooked my brakes pretty bad so I want to do a full break upgrade, peace of mind, performance and safety in mind. I also got to run my Hoosier track slicks, I was so damn happy with them, I've never felt grip like that before it felt like cheating even!!

Personally as a driver I improved today. I had the chief instructor ride along with me and he definitely got me to drive smoother and faster. I really wish I had videos to show.

All in all I had a good fucking day

Looking to buy a Hero 3 black edition but reviews say they fuck up and freeze

had a younger kid lean to drive in the Novice class up here in SCCV.... He had perfect momentum ect... Only thing I had to coach him on was looking foward a few turns. He was to focused on the turn coming up insted of seeing his path foward... road with him his next 3 times and he improved by almost 5 seconds w me in his car... Side not he was trying 1st gear and spinning the hell out of it around corners... forced him to stay in 2nd as our max speed was 40mph maybe haha.. in a class 1 car

Back