New To Auto X

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If it is SCCA, should be 10 years. SA2005 and SA2010, along with M2005 and M2010 should still be legal.

OP, you should set your sites a little higher than the guy in the vid you posted. :)

Moving of hands can't be helped in some situations. The steering box in Kiesel's Sprite is quite short. I have a Quaife QR in my CRX, and I still have to move my hands around to get enough steering input.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZNPV0cAU-c

Last edited:
nice lap!

CART isnt exactly 100% scca. they follow most of the rules with the exception of classing.

its not what you think. videos don't give the full feel of the actual experience. where it looks so super fast, in reality he is only going about 60-70mph.

Well my civic has a 10" longer wheelbase than a CRX...

I'm running KYB AGX shocks on Tein S-Tech springs with 24mm sway bars front and rear, I want to try stiffer spring rates cause my car has crazy body roll and pretty bad over steer.

What spring rates?

I'm at 450f/650r with a stock bar up front and 22mm bar out back.

Front is probably 100# too soft for autoXing on race tires, but it's dead-on for road courses.

Not bad most autocrossers are fairly proficient drivers. You did well for your first time!

Many thank yous! I'm stoked I beat the other civics haha, there's one crx that's always in the top heap but he's a very experienced driver with a well set up car.

In the midst of building up my old CRX for the track. :ph34r:

-Clean low mileage D16Z6 (110,000 mi or 180,000 kms)
-Function & Form Type 1's (10k front + 6k rear)
-DA Integra booster + master + prop valve
-Fresh-ish Si discs front + rear + steel braided lines
-Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1's (10% tread left lol)

crxxxxxxx_zps6fa16c96.jpg

I did and he used it for a while then we sold the B16 swap to a buddy then sold the shell to another good buddy whose learning to drive. He gets to learn a little about how a car goes together then he's going to passenger with me during auto x and eventually get into it with me

Track event went just alright with the CRX, I wish I had the coupe however...I'm used to it and all. Next weekend is a lapping day on the oval and I'm considering attending, the high speed is appealing lol

Back