New To Forum

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boltgunner

Hello All!

Replies please from anyone who has knowledge of swapping into an 84 Accord sedan?

Thank you, and Happy New Year!
Boltgunner
Friendswood, Texas

I would like to get completely away from carburetion...I think there was a FI option back then, maybe on the Prelude, but I am not sure I will be able to find a complete system.

Thanks, Calesta!

I think it would be fun to swap something hot into the 84, so if you hear of someone who can pass on some tips, I would appreciate it!

Boltgunner

what motor did yours come with? in the 1985 accords, some had the efi option. those use the same engine as the efi 1986-1989 accords, a20a3 (early models were known as either bs or bt). the a20a3 was also available in 1984-1987 prelude. you could probably do the swap into your car. 2geez.com - 3geez will help you a whole lot.

I have a 12 valve CVCC 1.8 l carbureted motor (I think they referred to it as an ES2). There are so many vacuum hoses and sensors/solenoids/valves etc. plus a computer that if you look at it sideways you could be screwed. It was a brief yet final attempt by Honda to soldier on the carburetor.

I know this will mark me as one who just came out from under a rock, but I hear that the later year Honda motors are in high demand for swapping. Can anyone tell me what the fuss is all about? I may one day try to find something that I can still get parts for to "play" with on this car. ;)

visit the forum i posted the link to in my other post. but i think the es2 was continued later on as the a18. if it was, that means it also has the same engine mounts as the a16, a18, a20, b18a, and b20a motors. any of those motors could then be swapped in and run with a carb. a dual webber setup will get you great power--probably around 160 on an a20. the b18a and b20a are jdm motors from the 2g lude/3g accord (b20a1 is a detuned b20a for the european market). you can use the same intake manifold between a20, b18a, and b20a (and maybe on the a16 and a18 as well) so you could take your dual webber setup and stick it on any of those motors and run w/ some real nice power. a dual webber setup will get you great power--probably around 160 on an a20. b18a makes 130 hp and is carbed stock, so with dual webbers, maybe upwards of 180 on a good tune. b20a is efi and makes 160 stock, but since you can use the carb intake manifold, you can run dual webber setup and probably push around 200 hp. however, with dual webbers, you do lose emissions so if you live in cali, you're sol. but again, as i said before, check out 3geez Forums for more information.

Back