new to honda goodbye dsm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slow eg 4dr

was up honda swap forums im a newby around so i got alot to learn about hondas well i know couple things im not that stupid but i come from dsm builts had a talon with a evo 3 swap fully built awd sad that i got rid of it but w.e im amechanic myself i work at tuffys and im 21 super young with alot of hunger to learn and to improve my game with import cars

ok so what i have here is a b20b with dsm headers skunk 2 manifold msd coil and cap skunk 2 adjustable cam gears full 2"1//2 exhaust with ac and ps thank god cuz thats one of the reasons why i got rid of my talon due to i live in florida and its super hot!!!!
alot of quastions to ask so here we go
1.why are hondas so slow lol jk

1.the guy i bought the car from told me that it had a b16 tranny but the gears seam really long i raced a rx7 and those i have long ass gear and and he was shifter first then i was someone told me that you can tell if its a b16 if your doing 40 mph and your in 5th gear and its a 2rpm pls tell me how i can tell what tranny i have cuz it has no number or anything for me to find out i tryed looking

2.looking to buy some axles do to the ones it has now are in pretty bad shape what kind of axles do i ask for when i buying them of autozone or w.e car store dnt matter what store i purchase them due to i can get a discount?

3.i have ac and everything in my car thirs is no problems but what kind of ac compressoer does this take cuz i was looking at the crv compreassor and thir freaking huge and thires no way u can fit it in due to the big clutch on the compressor
got other ?? but as soon as they pop up i will ask trust me

4.car is clean i will put post of pics tomorrow due to its dark ousided cant take good pics

with a b16 tranny, at 80 mph in 5th gear you'll be sitting at 4400 rpm... w/ a GSR tranny you'll sit at 4k.. with an LS tranny, i think its 3500 or 3700 rpm

any b series axles will work for the tranny if your car doesnt have ABS then make sure to get axles without ABS, other b series ac may work, what kind of car?

yeeeeea now were getting somewhere first thank you for looking taking the time to read thanks a million.

ok im sorry what do you mean any b series axles like when i buy them of the store like autozone or bumper to bumper ect... what do i ask for dnt want to look stupid coming back and forth with wrong axles lol my axles are going bad boots are craked and their leaking out the grease and would likw to know a head of time before they aventually just brake or start to clik.

for the a/c now i do have works just find but i work the other day some guy came in with a b20b integra and he wanted to put ac on well guess what the tech was screwed cuz he but the original ls compreassor and did not work then they try to get the crv compressor and it was to big the pully was up so what he had to do was rebuilt the whole new compressor he was madd ass hell but yea

with a b16 tranny, at 80 mph in 5th gear you'll be sitting at 4400 rpm... w/ a GSR tranny you'll sit at 4k.. with an LS tranny, i think its 3500 or 3700 rpm

thanks alot man know im getting somewhere :D

What I mean is all b series axles are the same so it doesn't matter just go in and ask for axles for like a 94 Acura integra ls 1.8 litter it's all the same shit

What I mean is all b series axles are the same so it doesn't matter just go in and ask for axles for like a 94 Acura integra ls 1.8 litter it's all the same shit

and it will fit on my eg 4dr just like that damn thats easy freakin with my talon i had to go trought alot of crap but koo man thanks for the help and info

Depending on wheel size/aspect ratio, but on 195/60/14 in wheels on a gsr trans youll set at 4400 at 80 i have a gsr and i can drive it at that rpm just like that

was up honda swap forums im a newby around so i got alot to learn about hondas well i know couple things im not that stupid but i come from dsm builts had a talon with a evo 3 swap fully built awd sad that i got rid of it but w.e im amechanic myself i work at tuffys and im 21 super young with alot of hunger to learn and to improve my game with import cars

ok so what i have here is a b20b with dsm headers skunk 2 manifold msd coil and cap skunk 2 adjustable cam gears full 2"1//2 exhaust with ac and ps thank god cuz thats one of the reasons why i got rid of my talon due to i live in florida and its super hot!!!!
alot of quastions to ask so here we go
1.why are hondas so slow lol jk

1.the guy i bought the car from told me that it had a b16 tranny but the gears seam really long i raced a rx7 and those i have long ass gear and and he was shifter first then i was someone told me that you can tell if its a b16 if your doing 40 mph and your in 5th gear and its a 2rpm pls tell me how i can tell what tranny i have cuz it has no number or anything for me to find out i tryed looking

2.looking to buy some axles do to the ones it has now are in pretty bad shape what kind of axles do i ask for when i buying them of autozone or w.e car store dnt matter what store i purchase them due to i can get a discount?

3.i have ac and everything in my car thirs is no problems but what kind of ac compressoer does this take cuz i was looking at the crv compreassor and thir freaking huge and thires no way u can fit it in due to the big clutch on the compressor
got other ?? but as soon as they pop up i will ask trust me

4.car is clean i will put post of pics tomorrow due to its dark ousided cant take good pics

1. its probly a ls trans whats your rpm at at 80mph and what size tires and wheels you have?
2.auto or manual axles will work you just have to remove the abs rings or put them on
3. you need one off a 94-01 teg

Depending on wheel size/aspect ratio, but on 195/60/14 in wheels on a gsr trans youll set at 4400 at 80 i have a gsr and i can drive it at that rpm just like that

1. its probly a ls trans whats your rpm at at 80mph and what size tires and wheels you have?
2.auto or manual axles will work you just have to remove the abs rings or put them on
3. you need one off a 94-01 teg

^^ thanks for the info man well i havent hit 80 but at 60 im already at almost 4000 like 3800 i think and i have some 17 enkie wheels with 205 40 17 tires on it im about to get out of work so i let you know asap like i said thanks again for the info will have new ?? up soon lol

Back