new to honda modding want to build turbo crv.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

40l sahara

Okay my real hobby is my jeep but my dd is a very well taken care of 2000 honda crv. For some weird reason I want to turbo it. I cant just leave it stock. It is a auto so not the best but for now im going to leave it stock. I will add a decent sized trans cooler. If it blows i will build it up. So as far as the motor it's a bone stock b20z. For the turbo I'm thinking a turbonetics t3/t4 would do the job well along with a cast manifold. For boost About 7 to 8 psi. As far as the piping goes i dont know if the piping and a ic for anouther honda can be made to fit or not. Under the hood the crv looks just like many other honda's. What i really need help on is what I would need for fuel managment. I would rather stay away from a fmu. I'm not a huge fan. It needs to stay obd2 as it needs to pass emissions. In ct if the check engien light is off it will pass. Will I need a better fuel pump? What size injectors and as far as the computer and map and stuff im not shure I've never boosted a honda.
Thanks for the help.:D

you can find turbo kits for b20's online. if you are so inclined, you can piece one together for pretty cheap. you will need a tune from something like hondata or something of the sort.

they are decent. it just depends on what you want to do with the tune. you can do something as simple as a VAFC piggy back or you could go all out with a full program. it just depends on your build and budget.

Back