New to Honda, some basic questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klever402

I am interested in buying a 94-97 civic hatch, I then would like to swap a more powerful motor into it. I have been looking at the prelude SH motor/LSD tranny. I believe its the H22A4 motor. I havent been able to find if it would fit or not so thats my first qustion. I am also open to any suggestions on other swap options I also should say I want to stay N/A . My intention is to have a powerful road course car. Any input would be great! Thank you for your time.

help

hey man i'm new here too, but i don't know how to put up a post can u tell me how, thanks- oscar

as much of a fan as i am of the h-series, they are not the best choice for auto-x or road racing (different from street racing), but if you want a powerful street/drag car you can't go wrong with h-series but if you really wanted to go the h-series route, it is very much possible, then i will post a site that has a complete how-to guide

Well I was mostly focused on the limited slip differential tranny that they come with, I am open to other suggestions. Me being fairly new to honda, I have always had my eye on the prelude SH, I just dont want to spend 15-20 grand on one. So if you have any other suggestions that would greatly be appreciated. I am looking for something with at least 170 HP to start off on. Thank you for your time.

B16A would drop right in with a bit of work on the wiring, stock the engine puts out 170HP

Which ever way you go make sure you find out, what the engine came out of, will make it alot easier when you need to get parts for it. (head gasket, intake gasket, water pump and timing belt are a few key parts i would recommend on replacing while the engine is out)

another option would be a b18, you get a little more hp and a lot more torque for around the same price

I have definatley ruled out the H22. I am focusing more on a b series motor, b16 or b18, I have also finally found a cheap 93 hatch dx, with my fingers crossed I will hopefully be able to pick it up. So now with a target car in focus. I ask what would be the best motor/tranny combo for a mild track(not drag racing) car that can stay street legal? I am definatley willing to spend more on a tranny with a limeted slip diff! Any info that anybody thinks that might help me little or big would be greatly appreciated for I am not new to motorsports but very new to Honda! Thank you for your time!

I can only speak for myself, I have been VERY happy with my B16A, car pulls hard and it was a fair easy swap, hardest part was getting all the wires right, the rest was just a drop in. Your target car is the same as mine, I will be happy to give you any info I have if you go with the B16A swap.

One thing I will say with either engine I would recommend you find a good wrekcing yard just in case a sensor if fubar on the engine when you get it (MAP and TPS are common ones to arrive fooked)

I'd get a GSR swap w/LSD... probably around $3300 for that setup.

Back