New To Honda Tuning.... Needs Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JuS JAi Bee

Honda Scene New Kiid
Hey I Am New To Honda Tuning.... I Needs Lots Of Help Advise.... And Deals On Parts If Any... I Have A 95 Honda Civic.... I Picked Up A Few Months Ago....Didnt Run When I Bought It....Fixed It And The Motor Blew After Having It For Two Days..... I Replaced It With A Stock... 1.6 Vtec.... Which I Will Be Selling If Anyone Is Intrested Has Just Over 80k On It... PM Me For Information On That I Will Let The Engine Tranny Axels Everything Go Quite Cheap...... Now I Am Looking For Advise On How I Should Set Up My B18 I Read A Lot Of People Putting B16 Heads On Them .... Kind Of Wondering Why That Is..?? I Know For Sure I Want To Do A Vtec Head Swap Though.... Please Anyone With Any Ideas On A Sick Set Up ... Parts That Will Work For Me.... And Any Other Advise Please Let Me Know

Couple of things right off the bat.

Please dont type in title case, and try to use actual punctuation and complete sentences (they make your posts easier to read and understand).

As for your questions, people use b16 heads because they are easy to come by. In an all motor application, i do not think that the gsr head has any REAL advantage over a b16 (meaning you might see a 1-2hp increase on the dyno...using the same cams of course).

If you are building an all motor lsvtec, most people use b16 (p30 or pr3) pistons on their LS rods, either a b16 or gsr head, and a fat cam (like skunk 2 stage 2). From the dynos ive seen, that setup usually makes around 180-185 to the wheels (after tuning).

im missing a lot of stuff up there, but the power adders are what i listed. youll need new springs and retainers, youll probably want new bearings and arp rod bolts. i mean there is a lot more, but just do some research and im sure youll find everything youre looking for.

Back