Votes: 3 20.0%
  • home made turbo kit with nitrous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • home made turbo kit without nitrous

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • swap

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG_ADAM

I used to have an Audi a4 and if anyone knows about Audi's they are a pain in the ass and very expensive to fix and take a lot of knowledge to fix yourself and they also have a lot of headaches for a teenage driver like myself.

so i sold my audi for 4700 and bought a 92 civic si hatch with 99xxx on the stock d16z6 with no rust or dents the car was an Illinois car its whole life and with no rust is just amazing.

ok so heres the plan i want to stay away from the swaps right now untill i build up my bank and have garage space to do it in but i still want power

so i have several questions

1. do i buy a turbo kit or do a homemade turbo kit
2. is there any tuning software out there that is compatible for a macbook
3. nitrous or no

your suggestions are greatly appreicated and i know its almost a similar repost but none answer my question directly:confused:

thanks

Wheres the poll choice for " turbo kit and NO nitrous"
i picked swap because if you are insisting on swapping down the road, swap as soon as possible so you aren't buying un-wanted parts. I mean you could go turbo on the D but I would make sure the turbo is the one your gonna use on your swapped engine. The only real part you would be throwing out would be the exhaust manifold.

I don't know which fuel/engine managment units work with MAC.

You could always keep the D!!!

Last edited:
i have turbo kit without nitrous up there and same with the home made but see i don't know if i want to do the swap or not its still in question because im thinking if i can build a D without nitrous and that will keep up with B's then i'll do it and if i want to beat the B then i could always throw nitrous on it but i really want to stay away from nitrous because it just costs to much to keep filling and everything so yeah

You can easily build a D to comp with a B. If you are going for BALLS out the most power you can get out of a honda you should swap. You could easily see 400hp out of a D WITHOUT NITROUS.It all depends on what you want.

If you are not looking to swap right know and just build your bank, that's ok..
but i suggest not to buy parts or a turbo if later on the road you would look
on swap...
you can have some power out your D without buying a lot of parts right know and that's
adding some nitro kit... You would be able to add a 75 shot safely with your stock engine and later you would be able to used even if you swap or not...
visit Zex.com - Nitrous Performance

see i like to power of nitrous with that little cost it has but i think its cheap tho when you really think about it but yeah i would rather see a D that competes with a B anyday you know its still up in the air tho

home made turbo you can do it in my garage....i want to see if we can do it...

yeah it would be nice if my fucking bike and truck sold so then i will have like 13 grand..... thats a nice lift, flat screen, garage and heater, and ac, and like 8 GRAND left for a hatch

ok so heres the plan i want to stay away from the swaps right now untill i build up my bank and have garage space to do it in but i still want power

What do you plan on doing with the car? Drag, track, idiocy...er, street racing?

I'd suggest new brakes and suspension, and learn to drive it and figure out what your final goal is before you start spending $$$.

John

What do you plan on doing with the car? Drag, track, idiocy...er, street racing?

I'd suggest new brakes and suspension, and learn to drive it and figure out what your final goal is before you start spending $$$.

John

i already have cross drilled and slotted rotors with ebc green stuff pads all the way around converted the rear to disc

i do need a nice set of coilovers and i have upper front and rear sway bar and a rear lower sway bar

i want to car to be for drag, street racing, and its also going to be a daily driver

street racing is pretty idiototic i agree but where i live its the closest thing to a track so yeah but don't think im one of those stupid street racers im very smart about it no matter how dumb that may sound and i actually respect my honda

Ahhhhhh... your one of the friends helping with the F20 powered civic:huh:.....Anyway, I think the SI was already rear disc. Either way, Turboing the D wouldn't be a bad idea....it will be alot cheaper than swapping and boosting as opposed to just boosting.

yeah i totally agree with just boosting the D which i think im going to just do that and im not helping with the F20 im staying away from that plus the kid who is doing is kinda a douchbag lol but yeah i think im just going to boost the D and do internal i'd rather see a SOHC beating a B any day lol but still give mad respect to people who do the swap but if i win the lottery then im deff doing the swap lol but boosting the D i think is what im going to do

now the real question Homemade turbo kit or purchase a turbo kit

BLANCO would be one of the best guys to talk to here at HS. He helped me big time with my turbo D. This web site will be your best friend...

www.d-series.org

Back