1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to hondas just bought 88ef

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by intafocus, Mar 17, 2009.

1. intafocus

intafocus New Member

hey everyone, im new to hondas i drive an srt-4 and im pretty good at the mechanical sidei just bought an 88 ef shell, and i have a 99 d16 motor with tranny and im wondering wat i need to do with the wiring harness to make this motor workcan i use the one in there or should i get one from a 99 civic, its a hydro tranny and i have cable shift linkage so im assuming it wont work with the hydro tranny and fr the axles which axles do i need to buy and then i know i need a p28 for the ecu but as far as the gauge cluster will that need to be changed? thanks

2. sufikation

sufikation Active Member

if you look through the swap section on this site it will walk you through most of this. also rywire makes me good wiring conversions and hasport makes this Hasport Performance Online Store check it out and welcome to the honda world.

3. intafocus

intafocus New Member

can i use a 99 ex harness and a p28 just switch out guage clusters and not have to splice and convert things

4. efguy16

efguy16 New Member

im not exactly sure but i think u have to use the obd0 harness with a obd0 to obd2 jumper harness and u will have to rewire the dpfi to mpfi and get a jumper to an obd2 distributer or rewire the distributer connecters

5. Korax

Korax New Member

You can get a Cable > Hydro tranny braket from hasport, place, etc.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted