new to hondas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markz

i am new to this but a couple of my buddies have fixed up hondas so they are fast. And i am 15 and i want to get a honda that will keep up with b20 and b18. so if any one has any ideas about this please let me now.

In a nutshell, for now, shut yer hole and just read. The questions you have to ask will be answered if you just read, and you won't piss anyone off by asking a question that could easily be answered by reading. Welcome aboard.

b20/vtec and ls/vtec or just a b20 and b18?

what do your buddies have done to their cars?

an EG (92-95) hatch would be a good place to start, then you can think about swapping motors and/or adding a form of forced induction (turbo, supercharger, nitrous)

mark yo whats up man??
we got b20 vtec's and I have a ls vtec ef or an eg would be your best bet and what times do you want to run???

i want to be running in the 12 to 13 second range

learn hwo to drive with a slow car-

learn that a car can me made fast with driver skill alone- not power.

once you master a low powered car, you will be a WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy better drive than everyone else qwho simply learned by over powering

Put your money in the bank and save up a few thousand before you go spend money on yourself, that way you have money to fall back on. Go buy a $400 special and so when you are tempted to beat the ever-loving piss out of it (we all did that at that age) you won't be out much money.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jun 30 2004, 05:07 AM
You're 15. First thing you should do is get your license. Next thing is to cut your teeth on a 16 second car.

:werd: Driving fast is fun, till you come into a situation you aren't prepared for, nothing can prepare you for everything, but experiance will save your ass.

Back