New to HondaSwap and got some questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's an interesting concept and yea it could be an anti-theft and considered a safety precaution. It's feasible, but not as simple as your making it seem.

Do you realize how easy it is to hotwire a push button start car, unless it has a real type of security device (ie, fuel cut off, a key)? But in a way your idea cancels it out since you don't have a really have a push start, you'd have a rigged up way of starting your car without a key.

I actually had a guy that ran the start through the 20 amp defroster switch. It's not like that was going to start it - but in order to start it, you had to turn the key to "on", then turn on the defroster, then start the car. It wouldn't start unless the rear defrost was on. The switch and relay handled the start amperage too (And nicer, if the car was in gear and started accidentally, most of the time (Not guaranteed) the circuit breaker would pop and it wouldn't roll))

-> S

and dont forget how easy it is to open the bonnet, get 3cm of wire and join between the big terminal and the little terminal on the starter, bypassing any start circuit inhibitor, no matter how complex it is. if you truly want imobilize your car, find the wire to the ecu that gets positive on ignition and interupt it. do this far from the drivers under dash area as possible. also interupt the feed for the feul pump relay as far from the any thing else as possible. this way even if they can crank the car it wont run. and even if they get it started it die 100m down the road any how.

You can reach the starter that easily in these things ? Wow man.. right on :)

not easily but is very possible. remember things break, someones got go down there and fix it

It's an interesting concept and yea it could be an anti-theft and considered a safety precaution. It's feasible, but not as simple as your making it seem.

Do you realize how easy it is to hotwire a push button start car, unless it has a real type of security device (ie, fuel cut off, a key)? But in a way your idea cancels it out since you don't have a really have a push start, you'd have a rigged up way of starting your car without a key.

no you still need the key you have to turn it to the on position then push the button and start it so it is a push button start.

I wouldnt remove the ignition lock because then what woould be the point in me doing this for a anti-theft device.hell you could get in the car and push it way easily without the ignition lock on.

Atleast with that on they have to waste alil time to break the ignition and yeah I realize that it only takes like 5 mins(if that) to steal a car.But every sec counts.

yeah I thought about cutting the power signal from the ecu but I dont know about that one yet maybe I can find something but I am most likely even if I dont do the seat belt horn thing.

I will be doing the push button start but not necessarily through the horn button and I think I will use the seat belt for the fuel cut off but then if I want to get out of the car while its running it will die so probly not lol

Last edited:
oh, now you're talking about cutting off the fuel ?

I'm outta here. I don't wanna be held responsible.

oh, now you're talking about cutting off the fuel ?

I'm outta here. I don't wanna be held responsible.

now it would be stupidity IF I did mess up and then got on here and tried to blame you MY mistakes.

Why does everyone thing that someones gonna mess up just cuz they ask questions.

And all I really asked for was peoples opinions execpt the one part about the relays.

I am suprised people even use these sites with people who just tear down thier idea's and tell them not to do it to have someone who has already done it do it or a mechanic

How is anyone going to learn to do shit for them self if they listen to the people who say "You cant do it its too hard ur stupid ur idea's suck and oh did I mention you dont have the know how!!!"

I mean I see posts all the time where someone would like to do stuff themselves and they ask for a how to or if someone knows how to do something and everyone either knocks thier idea's or tells them its too hard dont do it etc etc

Now I know why people leave these things and end up fucking shit up by not having someone to tell them how or what to do or what parts.

Yes I know if you dont know anything dont try something that takes an alleged expert but hey I know people who are novices at imports who do stuff that the "Experts" do.

I believe anyone can do anything they put thier mind to as long as they look into everything they have to do and not jump into shit and hey thats why most the people get on here and ask for help from the people on here who may have done it.

Why get all wierd and leave cut I said I am going to do fuel cut off and I believe that I mentioned it a long time ago in this post but I am not 100% sure on that one.

Fuel cut off is easy all you have to do is disrupt the power source to the pump and add a switch or some type of switch.

you're asking for opinions and ideas....

... But then you're objecting to each !

The general opinion is "this sounds bad, batman"

Ok.....I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm suggesting it's a terrible idea.

I don't tell people not to do things that aren't out of their reach. By the way you presented yourself, it seems these ideas might be out of you reach.

i think he should go for it, its his car, if he can pull it off with no fire or explosions power to the man. if he fails miserably he may just learn a thing or two in the process, which he may be able to fix.

i think he should go for it, its his car, if he can pull it off with no fire or explosions power to the man. if he fails miserably he may just learn a thing or two in the process, which he may be able to fix.

Thank you and just to show everyone saying that I cant do it etc etc I am going to post up a how to on it at a later time but it may take some time because my car is a shell and I am having a hell of a time getting it delivered to my house.

Back