New to hondaswap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackprelude85

whats up everyone. My names mike and im 17. I had my 88 prelude for about a year now and did some modifying to it(hedders,intake,exhaust,aem cam gears). I was looking for advise about what to do with my B20a5 motor. I was searching and i found out a couple things like i can swap in a h22 but a non-vtec. I dunno if its worth it but i hear that i cant make my car a vtec. Anyways what do you guys think i should do. I'm never gonna get rid of this car and looking forward to spending a great deal of time and money building this car to my liking! B)

sell it and buy a 91 hatch. The time money and aggravation spent "modifying" this car would be way more than if you were to buy a 91 hatch and drop a b series motor in there.....

s3f5d1ce9c5c27.jpg

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 14 2003, 03:51 PM
sell it and buy a 91 hatch. The time money and aggravation spent "modifying" this car would be way more than if you were to buy a 91 hatch and drop a b series motor in there.....

sadly, i agree with this.
there really isn't much you can do to those preludes.

and there is no such thing as an h22 non vtec.

You can drop an H22 in there and make it VTEC...although as mentioned, it's grossly expensive.

The non-VTEC engine you're probably referring to is the H23 out of 92-96 Preludes.

Back