New to HS! 1991 Civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey man the cars really nice i just bought a 91 dx u kno d15 JUNK.......im switching the wiring out an making it obd1 and doing the mini me swap 4 now but my plans are to make a homemade turbo kit an throw that on as well my friend made one he used a 14b turbo off a 1g dsm and the 1g side mont blah blah blah anyways he beat a turbo spyder like nothin

Hey man,

I like your swap!! I got a couple questions....

1)How much was the fluidyne radiator? I've spend a nice chunk of change on 2, thats right 2 radiators that won't clear my hood.

2) Do you have plenty of clearance between the radiator and the engine block to possibly add a t3/t4 turbo?( Just because your setup is exactly like mine but I want to make sure I have enough room to add a turbo)

3) I noticed that you took out the old traction bar and installed a racing traction bar. Is yours from Full-race or ETD?

4) Did you uninstall the A/C condenser yourself or did you take it to a shop?

1) I bought it from a friend for $150, damn good deal.
2) Seems like it would be enough clearance, the rad. was on a turbo crx before I got it, but i'm not completely sure either way.
3) Still using the factory crossmember, its shit but it works. I'm hoping to get a full-race x-member, they are just a large chunk of change.
4) I did it the way your not supposed to do by myself, but my system was about empty anyways.

hey man the cars really nice i just bought a 91 dx u kno d15 JUNK.......im switching the wiring out an making it obd1 and doing the mini me swap 4 now but my plans are to make a homemade turbo kit an throw that on as well my friend made one he used a 14b turbo off a 1g dsm and the 1g side mont blah blah blah anyways he beat a turbo spyder like nothin

Eh d-series engines aren't junk, they have a very large following, just have to look in the right places to find out how to make some power with them. D-series.org is a good site!

Haven't done too much lately, got a new alpine cda-9885 deck for a good deal from Crutchfield: Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Home Electronics.
h500CDA9885-f_dg.jpg

I've also been collecting some new internals for when we (me and my best friend) take the head off for some freshening. I'm not sure at this point if we're going to mess with the bottom end or not...may put some pistons in it. But anyways, i've got h22 lost motion assembles new from honda, oem headgasket/misc. seals and gaskets, viton valvestem seals, arp headstuds, brian crower springs/retainers, and just got a SWEET deal on some brian crower stage 3 cams. Very pumped about getting them!

7d0e7705191b.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC5.jpg

a331299559f7.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• st_swaybars.jpg
    st_swaybars.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Just ordered the last few remaining gaskets that I needed to finish up the headjob, and am also ordering oem valves just incase they need to be replaced when the head comes off.

Woot!

Wow, you really love your car! Also, I'm from Russia, are you really from Kazakhstan, or is it a borat thing?

looks good man im starting my 91 hatch build, you think maybe you can find a muffler for me lol,

looks good man im starting my 91 hatch build, you think maybe you can find a muffler for me lol,

Eh there may be companies or may have been companies that made just the axleback mufflers for our cars, but I don't know of any. My two favorite exhausts for the hatches are the apexi worldsport (mine) and the HKS Sport, both are very nice quality pieces and are faaaar from loud.

yea im looking for the hks style with single in and dule out muffler with straight cut tips,.stock looking but i want a el cheapo muffler loll ,i found one on ebay a good long while ago but cant everr find any for under 200 bucks,..but i want whore your thread up, just pm me if you come across any new or used

yea im looking for the hks style with single in and dule out muffler with straight cut tips,.stock looking but i want a el cheapo muffler loll ,i found one on ebay a good long while ago but cant everr find any for under 200 bucks,..but i want whore your thread up, just pm me if you come across any new or used

I'll do it.

**tear** its so beautiful. rocking the hatch

Haha thanks

Nah just a joke haha, i'm in the U.S.

That's cool... I saw an EF hatch in an issue of IT a couple of months back, the one with the "beauty veil" (read: ugly as ****) RX-7 on the cover.

The car was simple and clean, yet you know it was expensive to build! The B18C5 engine, the flawless paint, stance, parts, damn that car flowed together real well! I hope yours looks just as great soon, but we all know how these projects go, right? You never know quite what you will end up with due to constant progression of taste, style, and personal prefference. Again, I wish you luck, bro!

I hope yours looks just as great soon, but we all know how these projects go, right? You never know quite what you will end up with due to constant progression of taste, style, and personal prefference. Again, I wish you luck, bro!

Thanks for the kind words, she'll always be a work in progress! :)

Back