new to HS... here is my lil project!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9_gsr

EF9 GSR!!
whats up guys.. my name is justin.. i am in the process of doing a full build on my ef9... i got it with nothitng just on jackstands... dropped an ls in it to get it home now im working on the GSR... i am fully building the motor from the ground up... i mean from CTR pistons, skunk 2 stage 3 cams, adjustiable came gears, dual valve springs, unorthodox racing pullies, Aem Fuel rail, DC headers, custom hydrobent header back exhaust, Stage three six puck racing clutch, 7lb flywheel, skunk2 intake mani, GSR front and rear axel and break conversion, skunk 2 coil overs, skunk 2 short shifter, custom linkage, and completely stripped interrior..

will post pics later...

thanks.. lol but for now on the stapped cash ill stick with my 4 to 1 headers.. lol.. what brand should i go with later on u think?

at least find the 98+ spec ITR header over the DC... either way it'll end up dented .. a GSR swap in a CRX sits low.. the header sits even lower..

lol i dont have a crx but ok.. i get what ur saying.. yeah ill look into that.. but for now since im working on a tight budget ill have to stay with the DC's

You could look into one of the Hytech replicas as well. I see those going for around the same price as the DC ones, and they make very decent power.

yea.. stay away from aftermarket pulleys ... even the CTR n1 crank pulley is bad on the motor

s2s3's? Plan on never driving it on the street?

And if you're doing a full build, why on earth are you using ctr pistons??

I believe hondas are internally balanced. You don't need a harmonic balancer.

Regardless of whether or not they're internally balanced, if you put an unbalanced pulley on the end, it's going to throw the entire thing out of balance.

can you get them ballanced, or is it just a waste of time money and effort?

huh... umm... wishlist.. yah about that i didnt wish i got... and just not throwing parts on the motor.. i did research and i am gettin it fully tuned with the chipped and programed ECU... so ummm yeah

they werent making fun of you. they were saying that there are times when the stock item is better than the aftermarket alternative.

Back