new to obd1!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
dont wanna revive any old ass threads so here we go..
just got a 93 DX..the kid put a d16z6 in it but its running on a p06.
now there is a plug on the sol. with 1 green wire..then there is a plug with a green wire and a red wire...
i need to know which wire goes where...i need a p28 correct???
any info is helpful..dont flame to much im new to obd1:D and im a regular here:p

p06 DOESN'T have VTEC and the p28 is a VTEC E.C.U. Unless you don't want VTEC, I would suggest going with the p28. I just ordered a chipping kit for my p06 E.C.U. to run a p28 basemap and it was very easy to install. VTEC on SOHC Honda engines don't make your car go a lot faster but allow you to use your top end speed. Plus, if you have the z6 head on there why not have VTEC!.

I just checked my VTEC solenoid on my D16y8 head and the GREEN wire is to the VTEC solenoid and the RED wire I presume goes to the Oil Pressure Sensor. The reason I presume this is because I'm doing a D16a6/D16y8 "mini-me" combo and I do not have the Oil Pressure Sensor clip. Hope this helped a little!.

its a full d16z6 not a mini me...i am getting a p28 soon..so i need to know what wire is what and a pinout for them

It's really the same shit if you ask me. The OBD-anything just controls the cylinder head also it's what ignition, spark, fuel, and intake control.

...one clip has a red/white and a green/white...the other has just a green..i can get pix later...

I've heard that on the D16z6 there is one ground wire that you must run to a solid ground in order for VTEC to work. Maybe that is your solid green wire. I will research it on google.ca and get back to you.

263169015_tp.jpg

I found this on eBay.ca, this is a D16z6 VTEC solenoid. I see that the VTEC Solenoid wire is yel/grn. Then the oil pressure sensor has a blue wire that gets sent to the ECU and a black wire that goes to a ground. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured that this picture might help out somehow.

ok my wores arent the same as those..so i dunno WTF to do now.

You possibly have the D16y8 VTEC solenoid. Does it look like this? vvv
OPSnVTECsol.jpg

This is a D16y8 VTEC Solenoid
This might help a lot, I sure hope it does!.

the y8 and z6 solenoids have a differant bolt pattern..they are not interchangeable i think...
heres my solenoid

Attachments

• l_d9d4ad95fc98b75bfe1d0b4c8ea69768.jpg
    l_d9d4ad95fc98b75bfe1d0b4c8ea69768.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 834
Actually they can be mistaken from what I've heard!. Do you have a picture of the backside where the gasket is. My y8 solenoid has 3 stacked oval openings, but the z6 has a very different design. This is the backside of the z6 vtec solenoid. Yours should look similar, if not you have a y8 solenoid.
vtec_solenoid_3.jpg

none of the wires on the solenoid are hooked up..there are 3!!!!
one green all by itself and then 2 green/white and red/white on another part of the sol.
none are hooked up..i need to know which wire goes to which pin on a p28 ecu..

Ok, so I found a proper schematic for your engine...
2101808125_e64b8dceea_o.gif

A04 = VTEC solenoid
D06 = VTEC Pressure Switch

so im looking at a04 and d06??
now i need to find the ecu pinout picture,,and figure out which wire is which..thanx for the help

hey buddy. now if you get an emanage it WILL work with your car. hehe.

Back