1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to swaps, wondering what i can do with my CRX

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Pistol Pete, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Junior Member

Hey, I have a '90 CRX dx and although i'm interested in a swap, i don't know a whole lot. I understand that b16a1's fit well into CRX's, but is that available in USDM, or only JDM? And supposing that I swapped a JDM motor, would i have to buy all JDM parts for it? Thank you for humoring me, once again i know very little about swaps.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

you can use USDM parts with JDM engines ... the only thing different is usually the wiring harness ( for right hand drive cars ) and a few other things related to the compression or transmision stuff... and im pretty sure that the A1 isnt a USDM engine

3. Pistol Pete

so should i think about a USDM, say a b16a2? Or is it better to get a JDM and hope it won't burn oil?

4. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

If you stick with the b16a1 you will not have to worry about rewiring for obd1 or 2. If it were my swap I would go with the b16a1. When you get your engine try to get it from a reputable shop, and see if you can get a guarantee on it. If you live near a shop go and inspect the engine yourself, take the valve cover off, compression test, ect.

5. Pistol Pete

I'm gonna have the swap done in a shop, more than likely. I wouldn't trust myself to do it.

6. Pistol Pete

oh, and what can i expect to pay for installation on say...a b16a1 SiR or something?

7. B16teg

B16teg Junior Member

ok so i have seen many a crxs with swaps and the b16 does fit with a hasport mount kit......the most impressive crx that i have seen was a friend of mine he did a JDM ZC with a greddy turbo kit on it. that biotch was fast also i have seen a B16 in a 90 and that is also impressive just not as fast if you want to talk to someone about all of the specifics then email a guy named will at hondaspeder@aol.com he is good with this stuff and might be able to help you just tell him that hines sent you his way :axe:

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if you have the money, the b16a swap is much better than the ZC

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted