new to the B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20z2

Hello all,
I have a 95 dx hb. It is an automatic. engine and tranny are out.
i just bought a 01 b20z2. I already have a tranny(standard). It is from a 90 integra rs. The label on the tranny is S1.(24 spline). I need help now.
What mounts/brackets do i need to drop this combo in the hb. I do not want to buy a hydro tranny. I know I will have to add the clutch pedal/cable/shift linkage.
I just need to know about the mounts and tranny back bracket.

thanks

Sorry to break it to you, you need to get a newer tranny, something from a 94 or newer Integra or 99-00 civic SI. You have what is referred to as a Cable tranny... meaning it uses a cable to engage the clutch where as your car uses hydro pressure, or a hydrolic clutch setup.

The mounts/shift linkage should be bought from hasport.com. since you are doin an auto-manual anywho you may as well do it right.

I see how that is true if the hb had a standard tranny in it to begin with.
It had a auto so I believe I can choose to go either cable or hydro at this time.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you can pretty much go whichever way you want if you're converting from auto, since there isn't any existing clutch system to match up to. I don't know exactly what you need to make it work though.

a month ago when I called hasport they still didnt have the auto to manual mount for sale , I went with place racing and am very happy with the fit and finish

I have read several of your post.
I've got lots of respect for your knowledge.
I live in h-town and drive more than more than 50 miles a day so the 90 tranny will work for me.
HELP MEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks. :bow: There are tons of people around here that know more than I do about dropping a cable transmission into your auto car.

What does your driving style have to do with your 1990 transmission choice?

hmm, well i guess that makes no difference.
I just want to use what I have. It's there its free to me. Thats really the reason for using the cable tranny.
would this be a decent tranny for the b20z? anyone?

You'll need the clutch cable from the integra, pedals and most likely the shift linkages from hasport.

Originally posted by b20z2@May 26 2004, 04:23 PM
would this be a decent tranny for the b20z? anyone?

You should be fine. I don't know what the ratios are in that particular transmission. Transmission "codes" are for the chassis anyway- they don't necessarily tell you what gear ratios are inside. You can have multiple transmission configurations for one chassis code.

Back