New to the game.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

visching101

Hey I'm somewhat new to the honda/acura game, just picked up a 96 integra LS and am unsure of where i am going engine wise.

To start off this car is not being built for drag raceing so huge HP #'s is not the real goal for this build. I am building this car is being built for more of auto cross and road raceing. Right not I am pretty happy with the current suspension set up i have on it. The car pretty much hugs the road at this point. I am just looking for that extra power.

I corrently have a B16 head in perfict condition sitting in my basement. Only problem with it is it is missing one cap and sadly honda does not have a part # for it. I am most likely going to do an LS Vtec build. Just lookin for some advice on what else to do to the car? This all has to be done on a budget as I am only 19 and paying for all my own stuff at the moment.

Most of the work will be done by me since i pretty much know what im doin when it comes to cars. But just incase i would be nice to know there are shops or people in the area that know what they are doing. Im in East Meadow Long Island so if anyone knows any shops that would help as well.

first off, ditch the LS tranny and pick a b16, GSR, or even better a type r tranny.. the short gearing will rip with the LS alone..

Knew i forgot something, there is currently a GSR tranny in the car, and my freind has a b16 tranny laying around just incase.

GSR tranny will work .. just a tad bit longer gears than the b16/type r tranny

Yea right not I'm pretty happy with the gsr tranny. Only thing the car is really lacking in at the moment is the power needed to keep up with some of the other cars.

Hell Ls Vtec for the win!!!

Find a Vtec B16 or B18 head to go along with the block.

And then turbo it for some nice #'s

I have a B16 head. But its missing a cap and Honda does not have a part # for it.... so it makes getting my hands on it a tad bit harder lol.

Back