New to the honda seen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I got an civic dx hatch back. I installed a short shitfer and the car has pacesetter exhust on it but it will be trashed or sold that the only modsI can do almost anything as far a suspension and body work but i want some suggestions about power. I want to get antother engine can't afford a b sereis but I'm taking apart a d16z in school so in a few weaks i'll be able to tear down and rebuid them by heart so I would like to get rid of the TBI 4 speed and replace it with a multi port5 speed.I'm starting with body work few small rust spots but while I'm doing that I would like to swap the 4 speed to a 5 speed if possible. so will it bolt up to the stck engine? then after that what part do I need to convert the ecu, injectors resistors. then should I look for a vtec engine nonvtec Iplan on building the engine before I instll it I havn't decided should I get 10.5:1 pistons and use my old zex kit or get standard 9:1 and go "homemade" turbo set. All suggestions will help. also will civic type r piston work in a d series?

5 speed transmission will bolt right up - if you have 88 then you will need 88 transmission, unless you replace the clutch - if you have 89-91, then any 89-91 transmission - i would suggest you find Si - for swap you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes - http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/mpfi.html - for D-series engine, you have a lot of choices: D16Z6, DOHC ZC, SOHC ZC, SOHC ZC VTEC (same as Z6), D15B, D16A VTEC, etc. - you decide.

ok so I need to whatch for these sights that sell zc engine so I know which one i'm getting. thats for the link it will be very helpful

Originally posted by 89_starter@Sep 30 2003, 03:58 PM
First off I got an civic dx hatch back. I installed a short shitfer and the car has pacesetter exhust on it but it will be trashed or sold that the only modsI can do almost anything as far a suspension and body work but i want some suggestions about power. I want to get antother engine can't afford a b sereis but I'm taking apart a d16z in school so in a few weaks i'll be able to tear down and rebuid them by heart so I would like to get rid of the TBI 4 speed and replace it with a multi port5 speed.I'm starting with body work few small rust spots but while I'm doing that I would like to swap the 4 speed to a 5 speed if possible. so will it bolt up to the stck engine? then after that what part do I need to convert the ecu, injectors resistors. then should I look for a vtec engine nonvtec Iplan on building the engine before I instll it I havn't decided should I get 10.5:1 pistons and use my old zex kit or get standard 9:1 and go "homemade" turbo set. All suggestions will help. also will civic type r piston work in a d series?

Damn Bobby McSpeech-Impediment... :emofo:

Damn thats what I hate about forums. It's open season for assholes! I hope that was clear enough.
Any way which is the best 5 speed tranny that will bolt up to the stock DX motor?

Originally posted by jlicrx@Oct 1 2003, 03:35 AM
5 speed transmission will bolt right up - if you have 88 then you will need 88 transmission, unless you replace the clutch - if you have 89-91, then any 89-91 transmission - i would suggest you find Si - for swap you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes - http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/mpfi.html - for D-series engine, you have a lot of choices: D16Z6, DOHC ZC, SOHC ZC, SOHC ZC VTEC (same as Z6), D15B, D16A VTEC, etc. - you decide.

He already told you the answer to your questions

If you can't understand sarcasm, that's not my problem.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3+Oct 2 2003, 03:23 PM-->
89_starter
@Oct 2 2003, 03:15 PM
so spline or 21 spline?

:emofo: ... speak it? so spline or 21? WTF?... why dont you do research on this shit...

you fuckers make my head hurt. DUH thats what the hell i'm doing? never mind i see this forum is loaded with with non helpful smart asses. I was on ebay looking up tannies and came across .......... fuck this I don't even know you people and all ready you'va gotten on my nerves most forums are like this a couple of "know-it all" Dicks that like to make them selves look better by berating someone else the hell with this I'm sure there a million other forums that i can find that JLiCRX understood what I was talking about but it seems to be dificult for evey one else? so he must be the smartest one here? well any way HE helped me, the rest of you evil fuckers go to hell.

Chill out. What they are complaining about is the fact you mispell every other word and it is very hard to read what you wrote. Plus being a dick after people help you is no way to get more responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back