New to the RSX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spaded

so yeah, i literally just got my 03 rsx like a few hours ago, any tips on modifications? i wanna do everything right and get a mild boost, up to like 200hp

yeah you can get there almost with out boost, just get a good race header injen cold air intake, good catback exhaust and k-pro and you will love it, .i just dynoed my type s about a week ago and all i have is a race header and short ram intake and i dynoed 192

what would you suggest for the cat back? i like the greddy TIC catbacks they make, intakes dont matter much, i also thought about switching to an Integra Type R intake manifold and i wasnt sure if K-Pro was necessary with just basic bolt ons but then again i have no clue about these motors, im picking up a DC 4-1 header for it tommorow, im already absolutely in love with the car i just want to give it a little bit more power to it

that stuff will help you but the things ive listed will help you the most the racing header is a great power increaser for there motors, and forget the type r intake manifold its a waste of money if anything get a new si intake manifold and the injen short ram and cold air intake has been proven on the dyno to make more power than all of them on the market. k pro is awesome but its high about a grand and thats before dyno tuning.

yeah some how i figured K pro wouldnt be cheap, and the Si manifold is gonna be easy for me to grab, my friends letting me have first dibs on anything on his 07 Si, dumb ass ripped his ebrake around a corner, no more car lol but im gonna salvage the manifold off it

cool get the shift knob while your at it, but note the si manifold will have to be modded to fit

is there any point in tuning the Vtec kick in point down lower or is i-VTEC different?

well you have to buy a adapter kit and you will have to cut some of it off lol. clubrsx has a write up on there site how to do it but be warned there all ass holes over there

id rather not tweak out something like this, im good with the B series but id rather not screw around with my K motor too much, ill leave it up to my shop, everything else i can do on my own though, they got pretty fair tuning prices too

dude dont have to much going for the exhaust and and to little for the intake you rather have more going in then out.... think about it if you were to exhale as much air as you possibly could then take a sip of air then exhale again you feel like your going to suffocate, were as if you inhale as much as possible then barely exhale you can breath but you get light headed.... an engine the same way you wont more coming in but you still need a good amount going out

ok so dc racing 4-1 header (im keeping my cat) Injen cold air intake, 2007 civic SI intake Manifold, and a Greddy TIC exhaust, anything im missing or should add? K-pro is gonna go in eventually just not for a while

well if you can do the race header the one that gets rid of the cat, and unless you want it to be loud get the greddy sp2, and injen all the way

my girls typeS has a Injen short ram and greddy sp2 and i love it going to get her a header for xmas but first it needs a new $190 O2 sensor

im guessing it needs the primary 02 sensor ?

i want to keep my car so i can keep the car street legal, if i take out the cat ill never pass emissions

Back