New to the site and need turbo help =(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dc2Integra

Hey Im new to this site. Ive always used it as a refrence for the last year or so and for the first time I havent found the informaton I needed so I registered and hope someone can help me a little. So here is my issue.....
I have a jdm b16a with p30 pistons. I was running 5.83 psi (.4bar) on the engine with gsr cams, aebs intake manifold, dsm 450cc injectors. My buddy wired my injectors wrong and only after 108 miles I destroyed the #3 piston. From the looks of the other runners with my crome burnt base map I was running super rich. Could be due to improper wiring of course. So once I get the engine back together Im going to run a wide band and tune from there. Im on a budget on this setup for now, its may daily driver and I need it up and going. I think to clean up my cylinder I might have to bore it so in the event of going 10-30 over on my block I plan on running forged pistons, Cometic Head Gasket, Arp Head Studs which will max my budget for now. Im running a t3/t4 turbo .50 a/r .63 hotside how much boost is safe on this block with bored cylinder walls and at what compression? Until I can afford dyno time my only tuning options are a wideband and crome. I hope to dyno with hondata in the near future.

personnaly i have no clue what your talking about i know all about your psi but
i really cant help you anymore than that

forged pistons but not sleeved. id say 10-12psi would be a good number with your build. itd probably put you around the 300whp mark. Anymore than that, itd start getting risky.

Just make sure you get those injectors setup right. Bad fuel is the killer of turbod engines.

Also, id recommend going with p72 spec pistons (GSR -.60 dome) if you do turbo your b16. with an oem head gasket, youll be around 9:1 CR, and thats about where you want to be.

Last edited:
alright, thanks I was thinking somewhere near the 9.1:1 compression range. What about with me boring out my cylinders? Is that going to make them weak and crack under boost pressure? Thats my biggest concern at this point because to clean this block Ill need to go 10-30 over somwhere in that range.

.1-.3 over isnt gonna do a lot to your sleeves...if you were boring to 84mm, yeah you might have some issues.

usually stock ls blocks will take 15psi with the turbo youre using. i say 10-12 cause i like to stay safe. if youre gonna run high boost/high hp, just wait and do it right is my opinion.

well Im running a 5.8 psi spring, I thought about turning it up to 10psi and tuning to that. what mm bore is 10-30 over? I know stock is 81mm and b20 is 84mm correct? I have an ls block, crank and stock rods here too. But I thought about sleeving the ls block, buying eagle rods, forged pistons and building an ls vtec turbo. I always hear horror stories on that setup though but for now I just need the b16 back together so I can drive it. Its in a 1995 Integra Rs the car was ls turbo but the guy sold the swap, I bought the shell and had the b16a laying around and threw it in and ran boost.

I always hear horror stories on that setup though

if you sleeve the ls and build an lsvtec youll have none of the cylinder ovaling (R/S ratio) problems associated with a stock sleeve lsvtec.

ive had my stock lsv for years with no problems

What sleeves are recomended? I know of Darton, Benson and Golden Eagle. Also what forged piston? Ive been looking at Arias, Wiseco, Cp and Srp. I know Srp is a branch from Cp

srp is a branch of JE. Id stick with SRP/JE, CP, Wiseco (order of preference). Most of the guys around here say CP > JE but if anything they are just about equal.

Back