new to the site

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

young gunna

hey i'm new to the site, not new to honda's but i haven't really messed around with the ecu too much. but how would i eliminate a governor. i'm thinking about making my ek a track car and i wanna build it up and be able to exceed that 113mph limit.

it's a 99 ex sedan still has a D16Y8. i know a sedan isn't usually what gets to hit the track but i wanna do something a little different

maybe it was because my car was weighed down too damn much with a system and two other people. but idk i was talking to people and heard that they capped the cars at 113, or was it just the fact of a rev limiter?

i dont think its caped that soon, if it had a jdm ecu then yeah maybe, but even tho im not 100% on this id still bet you can get to 120 on your stock ecu

You can get a chipped ecu, but you will need to convert to obd1 to do so (conversion harness + obd1 ecu). Places like xenocron.com can help you out.

And please, stop doing 113 with two other people in the car on public roads. That's just a newspaper headline waiting to happen.

Back