1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the zoo!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Mojangles, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Mojangles

Mojangles New Member

Wat up guys and gals, just joined. I guess ill jump right in. I got a 95 civic coupe and im ready for a gsr swap. My mechanic said he can do the whole swap engine, tranny, axles, shift linkage, mounts the whole 9 for $6200, am i being ripped off? Oh ya and after the swap i got a 6 month warranty on the motor (internals) and tranny. He said i can race all i want and in anything goes wrong with motor or tranny he can get me a new one. Watcha think?

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

kinda ripped off...$5,000 is normal...but hey, if you think the warranty is worth 1,200, go for it.

the engine costs about $3200 (if memory servers), say $900 more if he gets ripped off on the mounts and axles. and then id say $1,000 in labor. That comes up to $5,100 in the worst case senario.

3. Mojangles

Mojangles New Member

Anyone live in GA, Gwinnett area know a descent place to get a motor swap?

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Reputable shops down here in Texas will do a complete GSR swap for less than $5k and warranty it too.

6. 93delsolsi

93delsolsi Junior Member

I paid A Grand for my swap. They had to asseble the head custom shift linkage and add a high flow cat. They waranty there work

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted