New to this board...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the b series guys, your all talking crap about single cams and how they can't be fast but I haven't seen any of you post times on what your cars do. Or do any of you even have b-series motors. Now I go to LACR in Palmdale and I have never once seen a stock b-series swap of any kind go faster than a 15.

did the oz kid leave/quit....

I never quit... I just have a daily job to take care off!!!

Anyways, you guys wanted proof.. Well there you have it!!
bisi this, bisi that...

This is not all about Bisi, This is about the average ppl running Sohc engines that are always seen as the weak slow hated powerplants, that most of you B18 owners like to talk shit about only to boost up your rice ego!!!

Well, I guess you can see for yourself that swaping into the "Big Dawg B18's" are just a way most ricers have as a mentality that going bigger is always better... The truth is you only think your going faster, but you're really not...

If SOHC was the shizznit, would all the best sports cars have SOHC? I would assume so, but the majority have DOHC, coincidence or is the DOHC better? I am not saying all have DOHC, Vipers have OHV, but now that I think about it, I really can't think of one Supercar that has SOHC.

If SOHC was the shizznit, would all the best sports cars have SOHC? I would assume so, but the majority have DOHC, coincidence or is the DOHC better? I am not saying all have DOHC, Vipers have OHV, but now that I think about it, I really can't think of one Supercar that has SOHC.

Thats cuz ppl live in a dark DOHC world... (most of them in the B18 world) But we're enlighted and now see light with SOHC...
Its like living in the matrix, and seeing the matrix in codes.. Once you see it, you wont go back!!!!!!!! B)

And I dont have a problem with other car's engines like the Viper you said... I do have a problem with the H, F, and B series DOHC engines!!! Thinking they can intimidate any sohc honda engine, well I'd like to prove them wrong... Their just a gimmic :fuckyou2:

hey d15bvtec & forthgenwunder::::

i only have a few of them scanned but here yah go... these are also fairly old... before december i'll have more official ones... actually to be EXACT, by the end of october i'll have more

B)

s3e832569882a6.jpg

s3e8325875ccb2.jpg

and FYI, yes i do have a B series, and i go to palmdale also, wanna meet up? bring it

:p

and to proove i have a b series, here are some pics

s3f42cf4341ec8.jpg

s3e6542fb0ce5a.jpg

s3e6542e17231c.jpg

I am new here also. I have a 90 std with a d15b1 4spd. 72hp from Honda.

I have only about $900 , not including car, spent on my current set up and can't afford real slicks

Here is my engine bay. Just an old 1.5 with a few a6 parts ,a poor geared trans, and a little nitous

My Webpage

Here is my time slips.

http://groups.msn.com/dcivic/attheraces.ms...oto&PhotoID=104

This is why I run a d series. I lied I do have money. I just don't want POS to look like it.

:driver:

Originally posted by d15bvtec@Sep 15 2003, 02:40 PM
To all the b series guys, your all talking crap about single cams and how they can't be fast but I haven't seen any of you post times on what your cars do. Or do any of you even have b-series motors. Now I go to LACR in Palmdale and I have never once seen a stock b-series swap of any kind go faster than a 15.

you are forgetting that not everyone drives thier car in straight lines. i can't give you 1/4 mile times becuase i've never ran my car 1/4 mile. i only do road courses, where you actually get to turn your car. i can tell you my best time on the 3 mile at thunderhill with a buddies lap timer, but there are no slips for that, sorry. and i'm not bashing on SOHC, i just find it amazing that people actually think the SOHC platform is your best start, you guys have to build your SOHC's to match that of a stock B16. and yes i actually have a B series, this is my second, you can click my RIP link in my sig for pics and dyno's of my old B16, the car i have now came with one stock, no way in hell i'm ditching it for a D series.

you are forgetting that not everyone drives thier car in straight lines. i can't give you 1/4 mile times becuase i've never ran my car 1/4 mile. i only do road courses, where you actually get to turn your car. i can tell you my best time on the 3 mile at thunderhill with a buddies lap timer, but there are no slips for that, sorry. and i'm not bashing on SOHC, i just find it amazing that people actually think the SOHC platform is your best start, you guys have to build your SOHC's to match that of a stock B16. and yes i actually have a B series, this is my second, you can click my RIP link in my sig for pics and dyno's of my old B16, the car i have now came with one stock, no way in hell i'm ditching it for a D series

The same reason I havent post slips either...
You wont believe how many SCCA solo champions run with D series engines...

Im more of a road racer, but not actualy profesionaly race (yet). Eitherway, I'm always out-runing integras or any civic that look heavy up-front and sound like shit!! :lol:

Say hello to the B beater!!!
630539Picture009.jpg

630542Picture012.jpg

Blah blah blah, B series are WAY overrated. It's not like I'm going to convince any of you diehard B series fans that they aren't as super fantastic as you may think they are, but if you would take a moment to take a look at times from similar modded cars, one with a B series and the other with a D series you would realize that the "oh so superior" B series isn't exactly working circles around the D series. Common sense is needed to figure this one out guys.

Furthermore, B series ARE NOT any better than D series. Get off your high horse and deflate your ego's. :roll:

Originally posted by BseriesSuck@Sep 15 2003, 05:03 PM
Blah blah blah, B series are WAY overrated. It's not like I'm going to convince any of you diehard B series fans that they aren't as super fantastic as you may think they are, but if you would take a moment to take a look at times from similar modded cars, one with a B series and the other with a D series you would realize that the "oh so superior" B series isn't exactly working circles around the D series. Common sense is needed to figure this one out guys.

Furthermore, B series ARE NOT any better than D series. Get off your high horse and deflate your ego's. :roll:

no, why dont you look at facts and the design of both motors as far as rod-stroke, bore-stroke, strength of internals, the better oil deliver, better head design that a DOHC motor has to offer, better tunability with 2 cams instead of 1 (adjust your own overlap). no high horse kiddo, just pure facts and some physics on our side.

lol, this thread is full of n00bs.

look how much work needs to be done to a stock d16 to match the numbers that are coming out of a stock b16.

DOHC is a much better platform to start off with when your concerned with a budget and better aftermarket support.

no, why dont you look at facts and the design of both motors as far as rod-stroke, bore-stroke, strength of internals, the better oil deliver, better head design that a DOHC motor has to offer, better tunability with 2 cams instead of 1 (adjust your own overlap). no high horse kiddo, just pure facts and some physics on our side.

:puke:

I only see the adjusting of overlap as something worth mentioning!!!
As for the others, a D series is more reliable than any B series design.. Let me guess, you think because you can rev up your B up to 8000+ rpms, you have a great engine physic design... LOL I can do that with just adding some aftermarket valve springs, and it would rev up to 8500rpms if I want to!! Oh yeah.. with no cylinder wall overlaod stress and wear!!!

you have made it obvious you dont know shit, no use arguing anymore, i'm done.

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 15 2003, 08:14 PM
lol, this thread is full of n00bs.

look how much work needs to be done to a stock d16 to match the numbers that are coming out of a stock b16.

DOHC is a much better platform to start off with when your concerned with a budget and better aftermarket support.

Keep telling yourself that buddy. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Just think, I can spend anywhere from $1000-$2000 less to run the same time as you. Isn't that funny?! Haha, but don't worry, you still have your precious B series to fall back on. ;)

Isn't it weird how many diehard d-series folks just come out of the wood-work???

Most, infact, just joined today. Just to tell you how much b-series sucks. A friend called a friend and they all came to hondaswap. What do you mean, these are the same people just with different name? Why would anybody do that???

:ph34r:

2 is more than 1. D-series is good, but B is better. Why do you think the 99-00 Si's came with a B16???
Hmmm....???

Hey, if you guys like the SOHC that is your prorogetive (SP?) just the fact that how can once cam be better than two? Are two woman better than one, even if they are ugly, you can't go wrong with to females at once. Especially if it is "Two cams per cylinder" ;)

So if you spend $1,000 - $2,000 to make your D series as fast as a B series, lets put 1,000 in the B series with a 75 shot of nitrous, whose faster now. Please :newbie: And just to set the record straight I don't even have a B series I have the much hated, at least on this site, K series.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Sep 15 2003, 08:38 PM
Hey, if you guys like the SOHC that is your prorogetive (SP?) just the fact that how can once cam be better than two? Are two woman better than one, even if they are ugly, you can't go wrong with to females at once. Especially if it is "Two cams per cylinder" ;)

You've just been nominated for most illegible post!!!
You're name will be added with many others in a big bucket who also are incapablie of posting coherent material!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back