New to this, help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2000coupe

Hey how you doin? 1st off, completely new to this site. 2nd this is my first swap.

I got a 2000 civic ex stock.

Just picked up a 94 ls (complete motor)

what i want to know is waht i will be needing for the swap. Right now the head is off so im goin to put a gasket on. Im plannig to boost it in the near future, so i was wondering what kinda head gasket is the best for this. I plan to keep the motor mostly stock. Actually all stock. Any way i been reading a round and people are saying i need si mounts, but others say the teg mounts will work. I know i need a obd jumper cable. what else am i missing, and what will i need to know.
Thanks for looking!

i would use the proper mounts for the car, then you shouldnt have an issue with getting on the frame and what do you mean my what else do you need?

the integra 't bracket' transmission mount is too long, you need si, or maybe del sol b16 't bracket'(for ek, not eg)
also 'ek' shift linkage is shorter than (92-95 civic/94-01 integra)

your ex engine harness will have some extra plugs that aren't used for obd1 (knock sensor) and vtec wires will be unnecessary.
some connectors will have to be converted to fit your obd1 b18b

Back