New to this page

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

:spin: Hello, my name is Nacho, like i have said, I am new to this page... I am also owner of a netbus named O.S.C. I deal more with lowriders and I build only lowriders, however, I was thinking about hooking up my daily driver, the civic on my avatar. As you can see its super stock!

I was thinking of rebuilding the original D16 engine, with JE Pistons, Crower Rods, etc... and lastly a turbo, minimum that I want on the engine is 350hp.

Would you guys, who know more about Japanese engines--recommend the original D16 or would you recommend a b16A2 engine?

Thanks in advance people.

Nacho
One Stop Customs
Individuals Car Club :spin:

First of all, Hello and welcome to Hondaswap.

Secondly, I don't think you should waste your time with your stock D16. I suggest you upgrade to either a B16A or a B18C. Both are excellent engines and will you not only find more mods but they have way more potential, whether you plan on going turbo or N/A. All depends on how much money you really have though.

first off welcome to HondaSwap. we would all say to get the B16a2 as far as doing anything to your car. you say you into lowriders eh? gonna put switches on your Civic? also what kinda hydraulics do you all sell? gotta hopper you beat the piss out of at shows/competions. some pics of the hydraulics competition in my Gallery from ITB this past weekend that i took...check em out.

Thanks, I am thinking of going with the B16a2. What I am planning on doing is just buying the engine/tranny and basically building it myself with better internals. Money would be a problem right now as I am restoring four cars :( So, around January I shall start my lil civic--hopefully I'll make some cool friends on here who will share with a lil helping hand on what I should do.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 21 2003, 09:29 PM
first off welcome to HondaSwap. we would all say to get the B16a2 as far as doing anything to your car.  you say you into lowriders eh? gonna put switches on your Civic? also what kinda hydraulics do you all sell? gotta hopper you beat the piss out of at shows/competions. some pics of the hydraulics competition in my Gallery from ITB this past weekend that i took...check em out.

I work a lot with prohopper hydraulics but I am going to start making my own hydraulic pumps. I am thinking of doing a small hydraulic pump that will fit in front of a civic's engine. Basically it would be run through a manifold so that you can do all kind of moves...

delete1.jpg

Here is one car that I use to have last year, banging the hell out of it in Santa Maria, San Diego, Los Angeles, Imperial Valley, Phoenix, and Las Vegas. At the end it did 87 inches and it was the first car to stand up in the air.

post-6-1061528100.jpg

hahah nice :) welcome Aboard :p

as for 350 out of a d16- keep dreaming :p its not going to happen- if it doesn't it won't be remotely daily drivable.

if you want 350, i suggest a sleeved GSR b18c and a good, tuned, t3/t04e turbo system

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2003, 09:41 PM
hahah nice :) welcome Aboard :p

as for 350 out of a d16- keep dreaming :p its not going to happen- if it doesn't it won't be remotely daily drivable.

if you want 350, i suggest a sleeved GSR b18c and a good, tuned, t3/t04e turbo system

what about a B16A2? i've seen some good ponies come out of those...

it will be a lot harder. your basic turbo set on a b16 puts down about 250-300. the gsr is a better platform if you ask me.

let me re-phrase that- your ABOVE AVERAGE turbo setup. not basic. a basic kitof a b16 puts 200-225 to the wheels.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2003, 09:51 PM
let me re-phrase that- your ABOVE AVERAGE turbo setup. not basic. a basic kitof a b16 puts 200-225 to the wheels.

what I was thinking of doing is buying a regular kit and upgrading the turbo... a little bigger turbo than those included on the kits. :)

the b18c has more displacement as well. if your going to boost the hell out of it, you may want to try a b20..

talk to calesta about that one though

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 21 2003, 09:55 PM
:eek: 87 inches!!! SHIT that fucker bounced high. what kinda setup did it have?

consisted off:
2 pumps front with Adex dump
2 pumps rear with 2 Delta Dumps
8 inch cylinders front
26 inch cylinders rear
4 1/2 ton coils front
3 1/2 ton coils rear
14 trojan batteries...
4 switches
front, back, rear corners

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 21 2003, 09:55 PM
the b18c has more displacement as well. if your going to boost the hell out of it, you may want to try a b20..

talk to calesta about that one though

who's calesta? where are you from? i'm from Los Angeles...

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+Aug 22 2003, 12:52 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 21 2003, 09:51 PM

what I was thinking of doing is buying a regular kit and upgrading the turbo... a little bigger turbo than those included on the kits. :)

the turbo in a DRAG or Rev-hard kit is more than big enough for 350 whp.

however, the fuel "management" that it comes with is not. you will need at least 550cc, preferably 720cc injectors, and a computer that can control them- hondata.

full 3" downpipe and cat/cat-back exhaust, will also help a lot

Originally posted by One Stop Customs+Aug 21 2003, 11:57 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Aug 21 2003, 09:55 PM
:eek: 87 inches!!! SHIT that fucker bounced high. what kinda setup did it have?

consisted off:
2 pumps front with Adex dump
2 pumps rear with 2 Delta Dumps
8 inch cylinders front
26 inch cylinders rear
4 1/2 ton coils front
3 1/2 ton coils rear
14 trojan batteries...
4 switches
front, back, rear corners

:eek: GOOD GOD!!! thats a sic setup :eek:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 21 2003, 09:59 PM-->
Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Aug 22 2003, 12:52 AM
pissedoffsol
@Aug 21 2003, 09:51 PM
let me re-phrase that-  your ABOVE AVERAGE turbo setup.  not basic.  a basic kitof a b16 puts 200-225 to the wheels.

the turbo in a DRAG or Rev-hard kit is more than big enough for 350 whp.

however, the fuel "management" that it comes with is not. you will need at least 550cc, preferably 720cc injectors, and a computer that can control them- hondata.

full 3" downpipe and cat/cat-back exhaust, will also help a lot

what about the AEM computer? I met a guy that works in the R&D for AEM here in Gardena... and he told me that those computers are really good??? I know I can probably get that computer for cheap... Also, I was thinking of basically almost putting everything AEM?

well, let's start over. What kind of budget do you have for this?

if you don't have 10 grand-ish.... you are going to either build up un-reliably, or simply not make your power goal.

gsr swap - $3500
Quaiffe LSD - $1000 installed
sleeves/internals - $2000-$3000 depending on parts
injectors/fuel managemnet/dyno time/tuner costs - $1200-1500
3" DP/Cat/Exhaust - $800-1000
gauges - $100-$1000 depnding on what you use/brands
at 350 whp, you might want to look into stage 2 axels... $500

it adds up QUICK.

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Aug 22 2003, 01:06 AM
what about the AEM computer?

aem's system isn't the greatest for a street car. It simply has too many features that you will never use. The on-the-fly tuning is great, but it's software has glitches in it.

hondata is, in my opinion, the best setup to run on a street car. i've seen it support 1600cc injectors, and put 650 WHP to the wheels.

if you want to take it a step further, my choice goes to FAST's speed pro system.

to be quite honest, i think the only good part AEM makes is their Cold-air Intake. Other than that, none of their products impress me in the least.

Back