New to this page

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2003, 10:08 PM
well, let's start over. What kind of budget do you have for this?

if you don't have 10 grand-ish.... you are going to either build up un-reliably, or simply not make your power goal.

gsr swap - $3500
Quaiffe LSD - $1000 installed
sleeves/internals - $2000-$3000 depending on parts
injectors/fuel managemnet/dyno time/tuner costs - $1200-1500
3" DP/Cat/Exhaust - $800-1000
gauges - $100-$1000 depnding on what you use/brands
at 350 whp, you might want to look into stage 2 axels... $500

it adds up QUICK.

hehee... for $10,000 i rather buy a new civic a turbo that... Actually I know a guy that works at motorex, he said that he can get me the swap B18c1 for about $2000 something... nothing over $2500, complete...

Exhaust, I am going to run that sucker straight hahaha... just put a little bullet on it and that's it... I want it to be super loud LOL...

Basically I have a lot of accounts that I opened up to buy parts from the Manufacturers, so I get them cheaper than what the public gets them. If you ever need anything hit me up and i'll hook you up, shipping is the only prob. :huh:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 21 2003, 10:11 PM-->
One Stop Customs
@Aug 22 2003, 01:06 AM
what about the AEM computer?

aem's system isn't the greatest for a street car. It simply has too many features that you will never use. The on-the-fly tuning is great, but it's software has glitches in it.

hondata is, in my opinion, the best setup to run on a street car. i've seen it support 1600cc injectors, and put 650 WHP to the wheels.

if you want to take it a step further, my choice goes to FAST's speed pro system.

to be quite honest, i think the only good part AEM makes is their Cold-air Intake. Other than that, none of their products impress me in the least.

how about Unorthodox Racing? I can get their product at a good price also... Basically my engine would probably come out to about $6 or $7,000... that I am putting aside for my little car...

Oh yeah, the car is gonna leave to mexico once its done... I need a car over there... :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 01:11 AM
to be quite honest, i think the only good part AEM makes is their Cold-air Intake. Other than that, none of their products impress me in the least.

:werd:

Couldn't have said it better myself. AEM is overrated if you ask me.

Originally posted by dveit+Aug 21 2003, 10:23 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 22 2003, 01:11 AM

:werd:

Couldn't have said it better myself. AEM is overrated if you ask me.

yeah I kinda thought the same but just wanted to go with them... who would ya recommend for camshaft sprockets, etc???

cam gears- toda

as for your prices, you will save some by having whole sale costs... but it still is not cheap to do a swap and a turbo install, and tune it to run good in a honda.

hehe what kind of hook ups do you have? which companies i might be intrested, and if i remember correct ur in so cal right? shipping wont be a prob if thats the case

I'm Calesta.

You can make 350hp at the crank on a D16 if you really want to- I've seen it done... 300whp exactly on a buddy's D16, and that was daily driven on pump gas too (still is). Don't expect it to come easy though- that was with lots of internal work on the engine and a custom turbo setup. He might actually be selling that engine setup if you want it, but he may have changed his mind in the last month or two...

If you want 350whp that's easy to drive in a Civic, get the largest displacement block you can afford, build it up, then boost it with a medium sized turbo. You'll have good torque down low along with a nice easy spool curve... a built 2 liter B block with a fast spooling turbo would get you to 350whp without too much trouble and still be drivable every day. It's not cheap to get 350whp, but it's not hard either.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 21 2003, 10:33 PM
cam gears- toda

as for your prices, you will save some by having whole sale costs... but it still is not cheap to do a swap and a turbo install, and tune it to run good in a honda.

I agree with you... shit, i've been thinking of measuring the engine bay to see if a v8 from a camaro will fit on the sucker and make it rwd hahaa... i'm out of my mind on that one... but hey, they made rwd saleen engine driven ford focus's, why not a camaro lt1 honda civic? hmmm... i'll probably just go naturally aspirated on the engine for a while then... till i decide if whether to buy another honda... My fam wants me to sell the hatch and just buy a new car, since I won't be able to get money off of the civic if i were to build it and later on sell it.

Originally posted by assman@Aug 21 2003, 10:41 PM
hehe what kind of hook ups do you have? which companies i might be intrested, and if i remember correct ur in so cal right? shipping wont be a prob if thats the case

Wheels:
Ace
Alt
Omni Concept
5 zigen

Engine:
AEM
Edelbrock
Pace Setter
Unorthodox Racing
K&N
Dc
Injen
Fluidyne
Zex
Autometer
Apexi

Suspension:
Suspension Techniques
Eibach
DNA coilovers

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 21 2003, 10:46 PM
Drop a Northstar V8 in... probably easier to fit, and still a great powerplant.

hahaha i'm feeling the northstar hahaha... car would still be fwd but only shock the hell out of people... However, due to the rearend on the front, it's not possible... Hey, thanks for your help above... really appreciate it.

go chev 350 smal yet good for power and rwd drive civics have been done you lose the passenger side for the most part

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 21 2003, 10:44 PM
I'm Calesta.
a built 2 liter B block with a fast spooling turbo would get you to 350whp without too much trouble and still be drivable every day. It's not cheap to get 350whp, but it's not hard either.

hey Calesta, how well does the B20B with the B16A head work? That looked interesting and also nice power to back it with torque...

a CR/Vtec is only for very educated mechanics, i would not try this on ur own, u will have to sleeve the b20, and a few more mods to get it to work properly, if not its a $2500 bomb waiting to go off. for a good deal of torque and power, either go b20 turbo, LS/Turbo, GSR/Turbo or h22a/Turbo. cheapest are b20/LS Turbo but the easiest and most powerful will definately be the GSR/Turbo.
also welcome to hhondaswap:)

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 21 2003, 11:07 PM
a CR/Vtec is only for very educated mechanics, i would not try this on ur own, u will have to sleeve the b20, and a few more mods to get it to work properly, if not its a $2500 bomb waiting to go off. for a good deal of torque and power, either go b20 turbo, LS/Turbo, GSR/Turbo or h22a/Turbo. cheapest are b20/LS Turbo but the easiest and most powerful will definately be the GSR/Turbo.
also welcome to hhondaswap:)

thanks a lot... actually if I did do something like what calsesta has on his site, I would take it to a professional so that it will be something good and not a bomb LOL...

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Aug 22 2003, 12:50 AM
Ace
Alt
Omni Concept
5 zigen

Engine:
AEM
Edelbrock
Pace Setter
Unorthodox Racing
K&N
Dc
Injen
Fluidyne
Zex
Autometer
Apexi

Suspension:
Suspension Techniques
Eibach
DNA coilovers

nice, you have an email where i can each u at? or AIM maybe? if not what can u do for a fluidyne for a b16 picked up... also intrested in other things always good to have an extra friend with hookups hehe :spin:

you dont have to sleeve a b20 to put a b16 head on it. read our FAQ forum there is a huge thread on all this

Originally posted by assman+Aug 21 2003, 11:46 PM-->
One Stop Customs
@Aug 22 2003, 12:50 AM

Ace
Alt
Omni Concept
5 zigen

Engine:
AEM
Edelbrock
Pace Setter
Unorthodox Racing
K&N
Dc
Injen
Fluidyne
Zex
Autometer
Apexi

Suspension:
Suspension Techniques
Eibach
DNA coilovers

nice, you have an email where i can each u at? or AIM maybe? if not what can u do for a fluidyne for a b16 picked up... also intrested in other things always good to have an extra friend with hookups hehe :spin:

OneStopCustoms@aol.com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2003, 12:05 AM
you dont have to sleeve a b20 to put a b16 head on it. read our FAQ forum there is a huge thread on all this

cool thanks

Back