New to this page

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop- you're welcome, feel free to ask any time.

Sleeper- wake up already. You've made tons of posts on this site about how you HAVE to resleeve a B20 for just about anything but stock use, and that's just total bullshit. It's not made out of glass. The B20 can handle quite a bit of abuse naturally aspirated and under boost. People break them because they're being stupid and cheap, not because the sleeve is weak.

B- thanks for correcting him.

---

The B20/B16 combo works very well. It's actually a very potent powerplant that can surprise even swapped turbo guys running in a straight speed contest. A solid build combined with short gearing and good tuning is very nice to drive. I was trapping high enough at the quarter mile to put me solidly in the mid 13s with my last engine, and that was with a heavy car and no head work. My new engine build is even stronger, and I'm shooting for 250whp naturally aspirated (pump gas) when everything is finally done. I think I can get close. You're right though- for something like this, I wouldn't dream of putting it together myself. There's a lot of money in it, and I don't need to be trying to do it all inside my own garage and end up botching a $10k engine. It's high tolerance enough for me that I'd rather pay the pros to do it... especially when they can do it cheaper than I can.

:lol:

The easiest way for you to get close to 350whp would be to get a B18 or B20, drop in some forged pistons and rods, then boost the piss out of it. It's easier to tune than a GSR. VTEC presents problems under boost when tuning the crossover, but it's nothing that an experienced tuner can't handle. VTEC + boost just costs more money, but it does ultimately make more power. All that said, I watched an LS block make 380whp, and it still had fueling problems. There was no VTEC, and this was with a street driven pump gas car.

You just made me think of getting a b20b instead of the regular b18c or b16a2... Cool part about it is that I can get a b20b cheap... I was reading the threads on b20's... however, what type of tranny, from what car would I need to buy? And what type of intake from what car? Would it also be a b16 head and intake? I would like to have it made into a vtec, I know that they are making b20's vtec...

P.S. My brother in law let me use his BMW M3 that he bought in Germany, car has 30,000 original miles, and its a 96/98? Dude, that car is HELLA FAST!!! I was racing it down the street hahaha... I want my civic to beat his M3 now LOL...

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Aug 22 2003, 07:57 AM
P.S. My brother in law let me use his BMW M3 that he bought in Germany, car has 30,000 original miles, and its a 96/98? Dude, that car is HELLA FAST!!! I was racing it down the street hahaha... I want my civic to beat his M3 now LOL...

the E36 euro M3's are fucking sick, i love their 3.2L dual vanos motor, it has ITB's, mmm sexay

Originally posted by One Stop Customs@Aug 22 2003, 10:57 AM
You just made me think of getting a b20b instead of the regular b18c or b16a2... Cool part about it is that I can get a b20b cheap... I was reading the threads on b20's... however, what type of tranny, from what car would I need to buy? And what type of intake from what car? Would it also be a b16 head and intake? I would like to have it made into a vtec, I know that they are making b20's vtec...

I would couple a B20 with a GSR transmission, or an ITR transmission if you're going to add a VTEC head and go all-motor. The intake would match whatever head design you're using to your car's engine bay, so decide what you want first and then pick your intake.

How much do you want to spend? If you're going to boost a B20/VTEC, you're getting into a LOT of money.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 22 2003, 09:42 AM
How much do you want to spend? If you're going to boost a B20/VTEC, you're getting into a LOT of money.

First I want to just put the motor in their, later on I will either put a turbo or naturally aspirate it. You posted that you can get about 250 naturally aspirated, i'd rather do naturally aspirated than turbo bc the power will be there... and in turbo you would have a lag, etc...

p.s. what type of head would you recommend for the b20? or what setup would you think with tranny would be the fastest? or best overall?

Back